I have discovered

Old July 30th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default I have discovered

I have discovered that putting someone in KF does no good, they just keep
showing on other posts of people I read.

I just wish we could drop some of the stuff and move on back to our "family"
type caring. Yeah, I know old lady wants harmony and life isn't like that.

Old July 30th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:12:56 -0500, Granby wrote:

I have discovered that putting someone in KF does no good, they just keep
showing on other posts of people I read.

I just wish we could drop some of the stuff and move on back to our "family"
type caring. Yeah, I know old lady wants harmony and life isn't like that.

Yeah, that is a problem. Having someone in your killfile works for
messages posted by the individuals in question (until they change their
posting name), but when other people quote them in replies you still see
them.

I find that "ignore thread" can be a big help sometimes too.

Old July 30th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

I know what you mean, Granby. I too wish people would stop all this stuff
and get back into our 'family' type caring thing you mentioned.
I too want peace and harmony, and I too know life isn't like that.
Love and HUGS
Kyla

"Granby"

Old July 30th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

You could do what I sometimes do, put the title of the thread into a news
message rule so it doesn't appear on your screen. Also handy for common spam
words or phrases, I don't see too many of those these days.

Granby wrote:
I have discovered that putting someone in KF does no good, they just
keep showing on other posts of people I read.

I just wish we could drop some of the stuff and move on back to our
"family" type caring. Yeah, I know old lady wants harmony and life
isn't like that.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 30th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney"
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:12:56 -0500, Granby wrote:

I have discovered that putting someone in KF does no good, they just keep
showing on other posts of people I read.

I just wish we could drop some of the stuff and move on back to our
"family"
type caring. Yeah, I know old lady wants harmony and life isn't like
that.

Yeah, that is a problem. Having someone in your killfile works for
messages posted by the individuals in question (until they change their
posting name), but when other people quote them in replies you still see
them.

I was thinking of changing my posting name, but can't think of what to
change it to, so I guess I'll just be Kyla.

I find that "ignore thread" can be a big help sometimes too.

Hmmm, I may have to try that if things get that bad.
We must get this place back to being fun again.
I loathe all this fussing and fighting.

Hugs
Kyla

Old July 30th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message
. ..

"Daniel Mahoney"
[...]

"God is an iron" ~ Spider Robinson

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 31st 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 30, 3:12 pm, "Granby" wrote:
I have discovered that putting someone in KF does no good, they just keep
showing on other posts of people I read.

I just wish we could drop some of the stuff and move on back to our "family"
type caring. Yeah, I know old lady wants harmony and life isn't like that.

I've been on UseNet since the beginning of time without a killfile.
There's little point to them if they DO keep you from seeing someone's
messages and less if they don't. Of course, I am the soul of kindness
and never give anyone a hard time and only person in all that time has
come to New Haven with the stated intention of doing me bodily harm.

--
Will in New Haven

Old July 31st 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 30, 5:38 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in messagenews:WvKdncjbQf2lRg3VnZ2dnUVZ_qfinZ2d@comca st.com...

"Daniel Mahoney"
[...]

"Shared pain is lessened. Shared joy is increased." - Spider Robinson
"But being a pain in the ass just keeps on hurting" - Me
--
Will in New Haven
Old July 31st 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Jul 30, 3:12 pm, "Granby" wrote:
I have discovered that putting someone in KF does no good, they just
keep showing on other posts of people I read.

I just wish we could drop some of the stuff and move on back to our
"family" type caring. Yeah, I know old lady wants harmony and life
isn't like that.

I've been on UseNet since the beginning of time without a killfile.
There's little point to them if they DO keep you from seeing someone's
messages and less if they don't. Of course, I am the soul of kindness
and never give anyone a hard time and only person in all that time has
come to New Haven with the stated intention of doing me bodily harm.

There are only two people who live permanantly in my killfile. Neither post
to this group, but they are perpetual 'spammers' of the groups they are in -
not spam as in UCE, but just strange stream-of-conciousness stuff of an
obviously disturbed mind. The regular folks in the NGs they are in pay them
no mind either, such that unless some newbie comes along and replies with
the usual "WTF?" the regulars in the NGs often forget they are there.

As for here, I can usually sense where a thread is heading and just skip
over the worst of it until the the thread pattern looks like its back to
non-flaming chat (the 'shape' of the thread is different). Occasionally
folks do end up in my killfile for a little while but thats so I don't blast
off a fiery post in response, rather than any punishment to them. Once I
calm down, out they come again and we go merrily on our way, with me
promising myself that *this time* I'll show a bit more personal restraint
rather than relying on the KF. :-)

Currently no-one from RPCA is in there.

Yowie