grandma, england, etc

Old March 26th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default grandma, england, etc

First up, thank you for the purrs. My grandmother's condition has not
only stabilized, she's perked up and we had a good conversation on the
phone (not just me talking at her).

Secondly, I'm going on a trip to Newcastle, UK to present an academic
paper at a conference, so I'll be gone for a week.

Someone was annoyed at Dylan, because there was a bad smell in the
bedroom last night and today, he found that a kitty had peed in his
suitcase.

This is the first time we've ever had them pee outside the litterbox.
No inappropriate pees today and everyone's acting normal. Maybe they
just didn't like the smell of New Brunswick in Dylan's suitcase? Or
they mistook the small, enclosed case for a litterbox?

--Fil

Old March 26th 06, 07:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...
First up, thank you for the purrs. My grandmother's condition has not
only stabilized, she's perked up and we had a good conversation on the
phone (not just me talking at her).

Secondly, I'm going on a trip to Newcastle, UK to present an academic
paper at a conference, so I'll be gone for a week.

God's own country, pet. Mek sure y'laarn the lingo, like: Geordie. Heer's a
basic dictionary

http://www.thenortheast.fsnet.co.uk/...Dictionary.htm

A bettor one is "Todd's Geordie Words and Phrases" which y'kan buy on
Amazon, like

When y'thair, pet, try t'get a visit in to the followin..

The Baltic (gallery etc) at Gatesheed across the waata
Bamburgh up the coast (Visit the castle & have tea at the Copper Kettle)
Cragside House (just outside Rothbury) - the first house in the world with
electric light (original lightbulbs by Joseph Swan still in use today) and
powwered by hydro-electric on the estate. The man who built it changed the
local climate as he planted so many trees.

And there's loads to see in Newcastle as it's a fbulously vibrant city: The
Centre for Life is a must-see

Haawaay the Laads! helen s

Old March 26th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:
First up, thank you for the purrs. My grandmother's condition has not
only stabilized, she's perked up and we had a good conversation on the
phone (not just me talking at her).

That's really wonderful! It must be so nice for you to have talked
properly with her. I'm so glad for you.

Secondly, I'm going on a trip to Newcastle, UK to present an academic
paper at a conference, so I'll be gone for a week.

Good luck! I did that a few times when I was a post-graduate, still
imagining I could finish a PhD while working full-time.

Someone was annoyed at Dylan, because there was a bad smell in the
bedroom last night and today, he found that a kitty had peed in his
suitcase.

This is the first time we've ever had them pee outside the litterbox.
No inappropriate pees today and everyone's acting normal. Maybe they
just didn't like the smell of New Brunswick in Dylan's suitcase? Or
they mistook the small, enclosed case for a litterbox?

Hope this was a one-time mistake!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 26th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In message , wafflycat
writes

When y'thair, pet, try t'get a visit in to the followin..

The Baltic (gallery etc) at Gatesheed across the waata

If you've got the time whilst loitering at the Baltic, take a look at
the Winking Eye Bridge - quite an amazing piece of design.

--
Cathi

Who was Oop North herself a few weeks ago.
Old March 26th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:

First up, thank you for the purrs. My grandmother's condition has not
only stabilized, she's perked up and we had a good conversation on the
phone (not just me talking at her).

Secondly, I'm going on a trip to Newcastle, UK to present an academic
paper at a conference, so I'll be gone for a week.

Someone was annoyed at Dylan, because there was a bad smell in the
bedroom last night and today, he found that a kitty had peed in his
suitcase.

This is the first time we've ever had them pee outside the litterbox.
No inappropriate pees today and everyone's acting normal. Maybe they
just didn't like the smell of New Brunswick in Dylan's suitcase? Or
they mistook the small, enclosed case for a litterbox?

--Fil

I'm so glad to hear your grandmother is feeling so much better.
Have a safe trip,
Polonca and Soncek