Caved in - new arrivals

Old June 20th 11, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Default Caved in - new arrivals

You're all right - it will break Ben's heart (he's been hinting about this
for the last two weeks, urging me to come watch them, bringing them in for
me to see), but good sense should take priority.

Even when we TNR they'll still need names, so...

What do you think for the girl:

Sidhe (pronounce "Sith"), my favorite
Keeshah
Lipshen
Mehitabe
Powder
Saash
Moppet
Thomasina
Lura

For the boy:

Neko or Aineko
Flame
Grimbal
Gummitch
Mog or Moglet
Mottyl
O'Lal
Pixel
Pyewacket (was this a girl cat?)
Solembum (I think this one is hilarious)
Tuffy (he's a scrapper)
Bustopher
Rumpus
Mistoffelees

Any other possibilities?
Solembum
--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, I said I wasn't going to do this, but we have provisions now made
(brought on by obvious necessity) to care for things she we pass to the
bridge). We're considering two strays, about 7 or 8 weeks old, as
additions to the household. This home has been too, too filled with gloom
and doom and sadness for far too long now - and unhealthy atmosphere for
*ALL* its residents, not just me. I'm looking for names. Before we just
sort of randomly picked names from the top of our heads without research
or consideration - these I want to have distinctive, unusual names - one
boy cat, one girl cat. I'm going to up load pictures to FB in just a
moment and will download then upload to my web site for those without FB.
I'll reply with those links in a few minutes if that will help with the
naming.

Other than that, do you think it wise to add two more furbabies to our
existing four? I know it's going to cost us a fortune for all the vet
care they need, but we're prepared to dig into our little bit of savings
and delay some bills for their sake.

Old June 20th 11, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

My Pyewacket was a boy.

--
Joy

Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press
'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over?

Old June 20th 11, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:

Sidhe (pronounce "Sith"), my favorite

Just a nit...very minor, really...if this is Celtic, I believe it
would be pronounced "Shee" (as in "banshee", which is spelt "bain
sidhe"). The Sidhe are the fairy folk.

I could be wrong, though.

Deborah
wondering once again about fostering, since we still can't afford
to actually have any owners yet

--

If you ask HP to guide your footsteps, you'd best be prepared to
move your feet. (unattributed)
Old June 20th 11, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

CatNipped wrote:
You're all right - it will break Ben's heart (he's been hinting about this
for the last two weeks, urging me to come watch them, bringing them in for
me to see), but good sense should take priority.

Even when we TNR they'll still need names, so...

snip list of names
Any other possibilities?

I've been reading the Liaden books recently (SF, very addicting - if you
hadn't said that you weren't reading anymore, I would highly recommend
them). There are quite a few cats in these books, some of them playing a
significant role in the story. There is Lord Merlin (boy kitty), there's
Flinx (boy kitty), and there is Silk (girl kitty). There was also a girl
kitty named Lady Dignity, named so by her owner so that, when his stuffy
sister would come visit and reproach him "where is your dignity,
brother?", he would be able to point to the cat. Those books were
definitely written by cat lovers.

Then the name Silk got me to thinking of David Eddings' Belgariad books,
where there is a human character named Silk, who is a clever thief and
spy (and we know kitties can be clever and sneaky and would make really
good spies), and he eventually meets his match in another clever thief
and spy named Velvet. And I thought that Silk and Velvet sound like
really good names for a couple of kitties.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old June 20th 11, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Jun 20, 1:41*am, Phoenix
wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
Sidhe (pronounce "Sith"), my favorite

Just a nit...very minor, really...if this is Celtic, I believe it
would be pronounced "Shee" (as in "banshee", which is spelt "bain
sidhe"). The Sidhe are the fairy folk.

I could be wrong, though.

Nope, you are correct on all counts! It comes from Irish Gaelic.

Blessed be,
Baha
Myth Geek
Old June 20th 11, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Phoenix wrote:

CatNipped wrote:

Sidhe (pronounce "Sith"), my favorite

Just a nit...very minor, really...if this is Celtic, I believe it
would be pronounced "Shee" (as in "banshee", which is spelt "bain
sidhe"). The Sidhe are the fairy folk.

I could be wrong, though.

Deborah,

That's what I've always heard, too.

There's a wonderful song by Jack Hardy called "The Tinkerer's Coin",
which has the refrain, "This coin's been haunted by the sidhe". It
sounds like the singer is saying, "...haunted by the sheee". But it's
spelled "sidhe" in the lyrics.

Joyce

--
What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry