Yet More Purrs Requested

Old April 29th 05, 04:09 PM
jmcquown

Default Yet More Purrs Requested

Dad had surgery for blockages in the arteries in both his legs last year.
One didn't quite "take" and they went in again. Apparently it still isn't
right; he's not getting enough blood flow down the leg. So on Monday
morning, May 1, they are going to insert a balloon to open up the artery.

Dad is approaching 81 years of age and I'm concerned about all these
invasive procedures (and anesthesia) at his age. Any spare purrs for a
successful outcome would be appreciated.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old April 29th 05, 04:13 PM
Catnipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Dad had surgery for blockages in the arteries in both his legs last year.
One didn't quite "take" and they went in again. Apparently it still isn't
right; he's not getting enough blood flow down the leg. So on Monday
morning, May 1, they are going to insert a balloon to open up the artery.

Dad is approaching 81 years of age and I'm concerned about all these
invasive procedures (and anesthesia) at his age. Any spare purrs for a
successful outcome would be appreciated.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Get well purrs are winging their way to his bedside now. Please let us know
how it turns out.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 29th 05, 04:40 PM
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Dad had surgery for blockages in the arteries in both his legs last year.
One didn't quite "take" and they went in again. Apparently it still isn't
right; he's not getting enough blood flow down the leg. So on Monday
morning, May 1, they are going to insert a balloon to open up the artery.

Dad is approaching 81 years of age and I'm concerned about all these
invasive procedures (and anesthesia) at his age. Any spare purrs for a
successful outcome would be appreciated.

Purrs on the way. Also, wondering if perhaps local rather than general
anesthesia is an option, for a leg thing?

Old April 29th 05, 04:57 PM
Helen Miles

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Dad is approaching 81 years of age and I'm concerned about all these
invasive procedures (and anesthesia) at his age. Any spare purrs for a
successful outcome would be appreciated.

Jill

Many purrs and prayers that things are successful.

{{HUGS}}

Helen M

Old April 29th 05, 05:01 PM
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Dad had surgery for blockages in the arteries in both his legs last
year. One didn't quite "take" and they went in again. Apparently it
still isn't right; he's not getting enough blood flow down the leg.
So on Monday morning, May 1, they are going to insert a balloon to
open up the artery.

Dad is approaching 81 years of age and I'm concerned about all these
invasive procedures (and anesthesia) at his age. Any spare purrs
for a successful outcome would be appreciated.

Purrs on the way. Also, wondering if perhaps local rather than general
anesthesia is an option, for a leg thing?

That might well be the case. Mom didn't give me any details about that.
I'll be calling her tomorrow and will be sure to ask; if she doesn't know
she should call the surgeon and inquire. I'm sure it would put her mind at
rest (as well as Dad's and mine).

Jill

Old April 29th 05, 05:02 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Dad had surgery for blockages in the arteries in both his legs last year.
One didn't quite "take" and they went in again. Apparently it still isn't
right; he's not getting enough blood flow down the leg. So on Monday
morning, May 1, they are going to insert a balloon to open up the artery.

Dad is approaching 81 years of age and I'm concerned about all these
invasive procedures (and anesthesia) at his age. Any spare purrs for a
successful outcome would be appreciated.

While concern is justified, most balloon procedures do not use full
anesthesia, just a local where the artery is entered, and a level of
sedation that makes the patient comfortable. When I've had my cardiac
catheterizations and balloon procedures, I requested no sedation because
I wanted to watch.

With a heart angioplasty, there are some potentially painful times when
blood flow to the heart is blocked. When I had this, I received small
amounts of narcotic in the IV. A leg procedure shouldn't produce this
sort of pain.
Old April 29th 05, 05:08 PM
jmcquown

Howard Berkowitz wrote:
In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

Thank you, Howard. I'm pretty sure now that I think about it and after
reading Pat's reply, it will probably be a local. Mom told me Dad expects
to be able to go home that same day. She wasn't sure about that and told
him she'll pack a small overnight bag just in case.

Jill

Old April 29th 05, 05:09 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:09:19 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Dad had surgery for blockages in the arteries in both his legs last year.
One didn't quite "take" and they went in again. Apparently it still isn't
right; he's not getting enough blood flow down the leg. So on Monday
morning, May 1, they are going to insert a balloon to open up the artery.

Dad is approaching 81 years of age and I'm concerned about all these
invasive procedures (and anesthesia) at his age. Any spare purrs for a
successful outcome would be appreciated.

Jill

Vascular purrs for your dad.

Theresa
Old April 29th 05, 05:14 PM

wrote:

Dad had surgery for blockages in the arteries in both his legs last year.
One didn't quite "take" and they went in again. Apparently it still isn't
right; he's not getting enough blood flow down the leg. So on Monday
morning, May 1, they are going to insert a balloon to open up the artery.

Dad is approaching 81 years of age and I'm concerned about all these
invasive procedures (and anesthesia) at his age. Any spare purrs for a
successful outcome would be appreciated.

Jill

You got it, Jill. Purrs on the way.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)

Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs requested pmendhall Cat anecdotes 16 November 28th 03 12:54 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 06:20 AM