So much for the Sucky Monster

Old June 14th 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default So much for the Sucky Monster

I was vacuuming last night, which is a rare occurrence. Yeah, as much
as I love my Dyson, it's lucky to get used twice a month. I am *not*
a housekeeper by any stretch of the imagination. But I digress....

Rita climbed on the couch and watched the Sucky Monster with great
interest. Whenever it got close to her, she just reached out to touch
it with her paw. And that's it. No running, no hiding, no misery.
She is the most fearless cat I've ever seen. She even sits in the
window to watch thunder and lightening, looking over her shoulder
once in awhile as if to say, 'Did you see that? Cool!'

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old June 14th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jane" wrote in message

I was vacuuming last night, which is a rare occurrence. Yeah, as much
as I love my Dyson, it's lucky to get used twice a month. I am *not*
a housekeeper by any stretch of the imagination. But I digress....

Rita climbed on the couch and watched the Sucky Monster with great
interest. Whenever it got close to her, she just reached out to touch
it with her paw. And that's it. No running, no hiding, no misery.
She is the most fearless cat I've ever seen. She even sits in the
window to watch thunder and lightening, looking over her shoulder
once in awhile as if to say, 'Did you see that? Cool!'

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Brave cat, your Rita!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 14th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jane wrote:
I was vacuuming last night, which is a rare occurrence. Yeah, as much
as I love my Dyson, it's lucky to get used twice a month. I am *not*
a housekeeper by any stretch of the imagination. But I digress....

Speaking of Dysons... I just bought one and we're not impressed. I
noticed it has all kinds of detachable pipe parts, perhaps one of those
is loose? Any pointers to get the best of his expensive vaccuum cleaner
would be most appreciated.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 14th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jane wrote:
I was vacuuming last night, which is a rare occurrence. Yeah, as much
as I love my Dyson, it's lucky to get used twice a month. I am *not*
a housekeeper by any stretch of the imagination. But I digress....

Rita climbed on the couch and watched the Sucky Monster with great
interest. Whenever it got close to her, she just reached out to touch
it with her paw. And that's it. No running, no hiding, no misery.
She is the most fearless cat I've ever seen. She even sits in the
window to watch thunder and lightening, looking over her shoulder
once in awhile as if to say, 'Did you see that? Cool!'

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Vino is like that. He doesn't mind the vacuum. He is definitely
fascinated by it though. He follows me around from a distance of maybe
2 meters and watches. But I can easily grab him and vacuum him too. It
removes quite a bit of loose hair.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old June 14th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
Jane wrote:
I was vacuuming last night, which is a rare occurrence. Yeah, as much
as I love my Dyson, it's lucky to get used twice a month. I am *not*
a housekeeper by any stretch of the imagination. But I digress....

Speaking of Dysons... I just bought one and we're not impressed. I
noticed it has all kinds of detachable pipe parts, perhaps one of those
is loose? Any pointers to get the best of his expensive vaccuum cleaner
would be most appreciated.

--
Victor M. Martinez

I'm glad to see you post this, Victor. I got a demo at a store and I
thought it looked like it had an inordinant amount of gagdgets. All I
ever use is a couple of basic hand attachments.
Just for my info., what is it you're not impressed about? And what is
it that makes it an "animal" vaccum? Does it vacuum hair better, or is
it just because of all those extra gadgets? Is it heavy to push?
I paid big bucks many years ago for a Kirby and hated it. It was heavy,
like pushing a tank, hard to convert to hand tools, and so highly
over-rated. I swore I'd never buy another high-dollar vacuum unless I
was sure I would like it.
Thanks
Sherry

Old June 14th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jane wrote:
I was vacuuming last night, which is a rare occurrence. Yeah, as much
as I love my Dyson, it's lucky to get used twice a month. I am *not*
a housekeeper by any stretch of the imagination. But I digress....

Rita climbed on the couch and watched the Sucky Monster with great
interest. Whenever it got close to her, she just reached out to touch
it with her paw. And that's it. No running, no hiding, no misery.
She is the most fearless cat I've ever seen. She even sits in the
window to watch thunder and lightening, looking over her shoulder
once in awhile as if to say, 'Did you see that? Cool!'

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Snoopy hates the sucky monster, Baggy just gets annoyed by it. I don't
vacuum until I have to.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 14th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:
Jane wrote:
I was vacuuming last night, which is a rare occurrence. Yeah, as much
as I love my Dyson, it's lucky to get used twice a month. I am *not*
a housekeeper by any stretch of the imagination. But I digress....

Speaking of Dysons... I just bought one and we're not impressed. I
noticed it has all kinds of detachable pipe parts, perhaps one of those
is loose? Any pointers to get the best of his expensive vaccuum cleaner
would be most appreciated.

Sorry to hear that! Mine went together nicely, and nothing is loose,
so it's working okay for me. Is yours not sucking well enough? Check
your paperwork, there's got to be a phone number somewhere. Or take it
back to where you bought it. The Dyson cost enough $$$ that they'd
BETTER guarantee it works! I got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond (at
20% off!), and BBB guarantees it.

Old June 14th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:46:41 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Speaking of Dysons... I just bought one and we're not impressed. I
noticed it has all kinds of detachable pipe parts, perhaps one of those
is loose? Any pointers to get the best of his expensive vaccuum cleaner
would be most appreciated.

You always could get a Shop-Vac. They're not pretty, but they do pick
up what is on the floor.