Help! Cat urinated on our wedding gift - A crocheted afghan

Old August 17th 03, 05:08 PM
Angie

Default Help! Cat urinated on our wedding gift - A crocheted afghan

I received a beautiful crocheted afghan and when I was opening the
box, I then smelled cat urine. It must have somehow happened right
before it was packaged and sent to me.. I of course didn't tell them
that this had happened.
Can someone please advise me how to get the cat urine out of this hand
made crocheted afghan?

Thanks,
Angie
Old August 17th 03, 05:13 PM
MaryL

"Angie" wrote in message
m...
I received a beautiful crocheted afghan and when I was opening the
box, I then smelled cat urine. It must have somehow happened right
before it was packaged and sent to me.. I of course didn't tell them
that this had happened.
Can someone please advise me how to get the cat urine out of this hand
made crocheted afghan?

Thanks,
Angie

PetZyme (the formulation for cats) worked wonders in eliminating the odor of
both spray and urine from my sister's house. I have never tried it on an
afghan, and I would consider it important for you to read the instructions
carefully and spot test because that is an unusual problem. However, it was
great stuff for more "normal" purposes. It is available at PetSmart.

MaryL

Old August 17th 03, 06:39 PM
Mr B

Maybe the cat just wanted some way to wish you a Happy Wedding as well. Since he couldn't buy you a
gift, he just added some of his Scent to the gift his keeper was getting you.

I'd leave it just the way it is. You'll thnk of that cat every time you snuggle up and wrap the
afghan around you.