Bad men get 3 years - warning - graphic story

Old January 9th 04, 04:03 PM
kaeli

Default Bad men get 3 years - warning - graphic story

About time people have to serve jail time for cruelty.
This happened in the UK. I hope the US gets a hint.

From http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...source=Evening

Quote:
Two burglars who beheaded a cat and cooked a live mouse in a microwave
in Greater Manchester have been jailed for three years each.

Steven Browitt and Andrew Maloney used a blunt axe to behead Greta, a
blind 19-year-old tortoiseshell cat, during a break-in in Wigan last
August.

They left her severed head on a living room coffee table for owner David
Byrne to find when he returned home.

Browitt and Maloney, aged 35 and 26, both from Wigan, also killed Mr
Byrne's pet mouse Snowy by putting it in the microwave along with some
vegetables.

The pair, who also ransacked the house, broke windows and smeared food
around the kitchen, admitted burglary with intent to cause criminal
damage at an earlier hearing.

They were each sentenced to three years imprisonment when they appeared
at Bolton Crown Court.

Judge Gillian Ruaux said: "This was a wicked and malicious crime in
which you showed a callous indifference to the suffering of the victim's
animals and the suffering of the victim himself.

"The only view I can take is that Mr Byrne had been singled out for this
attention. I don't know why."
~kaeli~
Press any key...NO, NO, NO, NOT THAT ONE!!!!!!
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old January 9th 04, 05:40 PM
KellyH

From http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...source=Evening

[quote]
Two burglars who beheaded a cat and cooked a live mouse in a microwave
in Greater Manchester have been jailed for three years each.

3 years is a start, but I think it should be much more. Governments
everywhere need to take animal cruelty much more seriously.

-Kelly

Old January 9th 04, 08:09 PM
Sherry

3 years is a start, but I think it should be much more. Governments
everywhere need to take animal cruelty much more seriously.

-Kelly

You bet. Three years is probably more than they'd have gotten in this
county/state though..three years probation, maybe. They just don't take animal
cruelty as seriously as they should. It's better than it was, but there's a
long way to go in the US.

Sherry

Old January 10th 04, 01:46 AM
Cat Protector

They should have gotten the same thing they put those animals through. The
sentance is way too light in my book.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

From http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...source=Evening

Old January 10th 04, 01:46 AM
Mary

About time people have to serve jail time for cruelty.
This happened in the UK. I hope the US gets a hint.

If you look more closely, it seems that they got three years not for animal
cruelty but for burglary with intent to cause criminal damage. Quote:they
"ransacked the house, broke windows and smeared food around the kitchen,
admitted burglary with intent to cause criminal damage." I think in the states
you can get up to five years for animal cruelty alone. I don't know how much
you'd get for just burglary and criminal damage.

Old January 10th 04, 07:31 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:46:30 +0000, Mary wrote:

I think in the states
you can get up to five years for animal cruelty alone. I don't know how much
you'd get for just burglary and criminal damage.

Don't know, but at least in California, I think the breaking and entering
part alone is a felony.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.