Purrs for Oberon

Old March 17th 04, 10:57 PM

Takayuki wrote:

Please do! I picture Oberon as a sweet orange kitty? I guess that's
because we have a few people here who have orange boy Maine Coons.

Actually, I don't know what he looks like. This friend has never invited
me inside her house. One day recently, she was talking about her cats,
and I said, "I have a feeling I'm never going to get to meet these cats,
am I?" She said, "You're probably right." Apparently, she is a terrible
housekeeper, and with 7 cats, even a good housekeeper would have trouble
keeping up, so she's embarrrassed to let anyone see her place.

I think that's too bad. I've had quite a few friends who were
horrendous housekeepers, and while it's not totally pleasant to be
in their homes, I don't think any less of them as people. One friend
of mine had about 15 cats in her apartment. It was a very large
apartment and some of those cats went outside part of the time, but
the place was still a mess. Of course, it didn't help that she was a
total OCD hoarder and her apartment was the kind of place you had to
cut a path through junk on the floor just to walk around. And it
smelled of cat pee, dust and mildew, making my asthma kick up. Not a
great place to hang around. So we didn't hang out there. But she was
still a great friend. I don't judge people on their housecleaning
skills. My place is fairly neat, but hardly house beautiful!

Anyway - a digression from the main point, which is that I have no
idea what color Oberon is! (But I picture him as a brown tabby.)

Joyce
Old March 18th 04, 01:33 AM
Brenda

wrote in message
My friend's cat Oberon is very sick - he suddenly lost weight and got
listless and wouldn't eat. He's been in the animal hospital for a few
days, getting biopsies on various suspicious spots (on x-rays) and
internal sores. The vets think he has cancer, but no conclusions yet.
My friend is still waiting for the biopsy results.

Oberon is her favorite among her large brood of cats (7 in all). He's
a Maine Coon, very affectionate, and well-loved by all the cats in the
household, some of whom are pretty scrappy with each other (he's the
peacemaker).

Any well-wishes for him would be appreciated!

Joyce

my three purrers are on the job.
Brenda

Old March 18th 04, 06:18 PM
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

I personally think that humans are a lot messier than most cats.

I sometimes think that it would be nice to have a housekeeper like
Britta does. Or maybe an island like Marina has. I've looked online
at some tropical island prices though, and most of them are out of my
price range, plus you then need to get one of those planes that can
land on water.

What we need to do is pool our moneys together (the group) and buy an
island. They sell them in Minnesota as well as in the Caribbean, I
understand. Anyway, we could then have the catslaves resort where we
and our cats can vacation in peace. Yeah, right. But it's an
intriguing thought anyway.

Pam S.

Old March 19th 04, 01:00 AM
LOL

Tanada wrote in message link.net...
Takayuki wrote:

I personally think that humans are a lot messier than most cats.

I sometimes think that it would be nice to have a housekeeper like
Britta does. Or maybe an island like Marina has. I've looked online
at some tropical island prices though, and most of them are out of my
price range, plus you then need to get one of those planes that can
land on water.

What we need to do is pool our moneys together (the group) and buy an
island. They sell them in Minnesota as well as in the Caribbean, I
understand. Anyway, we could then have the catslaves resort where we
and our cats can vacation in peace. Yeah, right. But it's an
intriguing thought anyway.

Pam S.

Hey, wasn't there a plan to do just that some time ago among the
then-regular chatters? I'd forgotten about that, but now that I'm
reminded I think it's a mighty good idea. IIRC, though, only
four-legged guys were allowed. Sorry, Tak. ;-)

------
Krista
Old March 19th 04, 07:20 PM
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

They already have a ship, and now they want an island too???

Arr Matey. We have to have somewhere to stash the booty and discuss our
exploits at sea.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. being very patient with Tak

Old March 19th 04, 10:42 PM
Takayuki

Tanada wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

They already have a ship, and now they want an island too???

Arr Matey. We have to have somewhere to stash the booty and discuss our
exploits at sea.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. being very patient with Tak

Has anyone pointed out that you would really need slaves on such an
island, considering all the sand there is to scoop?