OT attack on Swedish Foreign Minister

Old September 10th 03, 08:25 PM
lewe

Default OT attack on Swedish Foreign Minister

Our Foreign Minister was attacked and stabbed while shopping at a department
store some 5 hrs ago, she has been in surgery for over 4 hrs since.
Some purrs for her pulling through - the killing of our Prime Minister Olof
Palme in 1986 of course is in everyones mind. She and Palme both were doing
normal, everyday things and not accompanied by any security while attacked.
Sweden is still comparatively safe, if not as innocent in this respect after
Palme's killing of course, but nowhere is completely sage these days ...
The campaigns for yes or no to the euro are now on hold until further
notice - we are having a popular referendum/vote on the euro this Sunday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3097706.stm
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/eu...ing/index.html

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old September 10th 03, 09:58 PM
Denise VanDyke

What Helen said, and here's hoping that they catch the guy who did it!
- Denise

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
Here's hoping she recovers completely.

helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Old September 10th 03, 10:26 PM
polonca12000

That's terrible! I do hope she will be ok.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"lewe" wrote in message
Our Foreign Minister was attacked and stabbed while shopping at a

department
store some 5 hrs ago, she has been in surgery for over 4 hrs since.

snip

Old September 10th 03, 11:01 PM
Brenda Watkins

"lewe" wrote in message
[...]

purrs enroute.
Brenda

Old September 10th 03, 11:37 PM
Cheryl

In ,
lewe composed with style:
Our Foreign Minister was attacked and stabbed while shopping at a
department store some 5 hrs ago, she has been in surgery for over
4 hrs since.
Some purrs for her pulling through - the killing of our Prime
Minister Olof Palme in 1986 of course is in everyones mind. She and
Palme both were doing normal, everyday things and not accompanied
by any security while attacked. Sweden is still comparatively safe,
if not as innocent in this respect after Palme's killing of course,
but nowhere is completely sage these days ... The campaigns for yes
or no to the euro are now on hold until further notice - we are
having a popular referendum/vote on the euro this Sunday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3097706.stm

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/eu...abbing/index.h
tml

This is horrible! I pray that she pulls through. I really worry for
the human race these days; it doesn't seem to ever get better.

Old September 11th 03, 12:08 AM
Tanada

lewe wrote:

Our Foreign Minister was attacked and stabbed while shopping at a department
store some 5 hrs ago, she has been in surgery for over 4 hrs since.

Purrs and healing thoughts for your Foreign Minister, and for the
Swedish people. We hope you all pull through this and come out better
than before.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Old September 11th 03, 03:15 AM
Sam Nash

"lewe" wrote in message
Our Foreign Minister was attacked and stabbed while shopping at a

department
store some 5 hrs ago,

snipped
Purrs and best wishes for your Foreign Minister's quick recovery.
Sam

Old September 11th 03, 04:17 AM
Christine Burel

Oh no, I haven't seen the news yet today -- many purrs and healing thoughts
for her recovery and for your country during this stressful time.
Christine