strange bump on kitten

Old October 23rd 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default strange bump on kitten

So I just found a litte bump on Levi, on his skin hear his shoulder. It
feels like a mosquito bite, but the skin is not even the least bit pink.
There is also no wound, not even a tiny pin prick. The bump moves with his
skin, so I'm not too worried, but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas what
this might be. I was poking it and he didn't show any sign that it bothers
him at all.

--
Lynne

Old October 23rd 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
So I just found a litte bump on Levi, on his skin hear his shoulder. It
feels like a mosquito bite, but the skin is not even the least bit pink.
There is also no wound, not even a tiny pin prick. The bump moves with
his
skin, so I'm not too worried, but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas what
this might be. I was poking it and he didn't show any sign that it
bothers
him at all.

I am assuming you found this while he was attached to your lip?

My cat Gracie gets little bumps that just go away. It's likely nothing.
I know you will watch it.

Old October 23rd 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:24:34 GMT, "Buddy's Mom"
wrote:

Could it be the site of an injection?

I suppose, but he had his last boosters on the 11th so I don't know if it
could be that.

--
Lynne
Old October 23rd 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:30:49 GMT, "cybercat" wrote:

I am assuming you found this while he was attached to your lip?

Yep! Hehe.

My cat Gracie gets little bumps that just go away. It's likely nothing.
I know you will watch it.

I will. It's reassuring to know you have seen something like this that
resolves on its own. Thanks!

--
Lynne
Old October 23rd 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Katz

My cat Pig had numerous 'pimple looking' bumps on her lower jaw. They
all went away after a week or so and have not reoccurred. But as
cybercat points out, keep an eye on it, and if you fell the need to
take Levi to the vet if it doesn't clear up.

Old October 23rd 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
on Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:30:49 GMT, "cybercat" wrote:

I am assuming you found this while he was attached to your lip?

Yep! Hehe.

My cat Gracie gets little bumps that just go away. It's likely nothing.
I know you will watch it.

I will. It's reassuring to know you have seen something like this that
resolves on its own. Thanks!

Welcome! Lynne, your baby is gray, right? Is his fur really fine? My
Gracie's is, and I wonder if cats can be like people, the ones with the
finest fur, lightest coloring, etc. can be prone to allergies and
sensitivities?

Levi might be sensitve to things like scented laundry detergent or litter,
cleaning products, scented candles or perfume. I stopped wearing
perfume because it cause Gracie to have a respiratory reaction.
(She has asthma and ESG, the latter being an allergic syndrome often
paired with asthma.)

Just a thought, and something to keep in mind if he continues to get
bumps or you notice a lot of scratching. OR a lesion on his lip, that
is part of the complex. Also, check the back of his legs for little
hard bumps all in a row down the tendon. That's a sign of the
form of EGC called "linear granuloma." The good news is, it is
controllable and causes nothing more than annoyance for the
cats it affects.

Old October 23rd 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:19:59 -0500, Lynne wrote:

So I just found a litte bump on Levi, on his skin hear his shoulder. It
feels like a mosquito bite, but the skin is not even the least bit pink.
There is also no wound, not even a tiny pin prick. The bump moves with his
skin, so I'm not too worried, but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas what
this might be. I was poking it and he didn't show any sign that it bothers
him at all.

Could the cat ever have had a microchip implanted? MLB
Old October 23rd 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:55:22 GMT, "cybercat"
wrote:

Welcome! Lynne, your baby is gray, right? Is his fur really fine? My
Gracie's is, and I wonder if cats can be like people, the ones with
the finest fur, lightest coloring, etc. can be prone to allergies and
sensitivities?

I had a cat with allergies, but this bump isn't anything like that. It
feel like a large mosquito bite, but isn't read or irritated.

Levi might be sensitve to things like scented laundry detergent or
litter, cleaning products, scented candles or perfume. I stopped
wearing perfume because it cause Gracie to have a respiratory
reaction. (She has asthma and ESG, the latter being an allergic
syndrome often paired with asthma.)

It's certainly a possibility, but my son has allergies and asthma so I
already use unscented detergent and have taken all the usual precautions
around our home.

Just a thought, and something to keep in mind if he continues to get
bumps or you notice a lot of scratching. OR a lesion on his lip, that
is part of the complex. Also, check the back of his legs for little
hard bumps all in a row down the tendon. That's a sign of the
form of EGC called "linear granuloma." The good news is, it is
controllable and causes nothing more than annoyance for the
cats it affects.

I'll keep checking him out while he sucks my lip. So far this one bump is
the only one. It's weird.

--
Lynne
Old October 23rd 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:02:42 GMT, mlbriggs wrote:

Could the cat ever have had a microchip implanted? MLB

Nope. He was hand raised by friends and his first vet visits were when I
got him at the age of 4 weeks. Good suggestion, though!

--
Lynne