Small snippets

Old September 30th 04, 01:18 PM
Adrian

LOL wrote:
Friday was an insanely busy day at the office, to the extent that
Tiger didn't get his full ration of scritches, just some perfunctory
pats in passing. At one point when DH opened the door, Tiger rushed
in, all the way through the lobby and into my office, and hurled
himself at my ankles, braving the scary In because he just **had** to
have his scritches. Naturally, he got them.

The remains of hurricane Jeanne blew through here last night; we lost
a lot of limbs and part of our fence, but Tallulah and Hubert sat in
the big living room window and thoroughly enjoyed the show. Hubert
took the occasional break to climb the curtains.

Tallulah looks like a gracious lady; feminine and very regal. She
strolls sedately through the house, gently waving her magnificent
plume of a tail... then she pounces with all four feet on a greebling
and spins and spins in circles.

Lula tries to teach Hubert how to hunt, though there is no prey. She
will pick up a toy in her mouth and walk around shouting the special
"look what I killed" shout until Hubert arrives; she will also hold a
toy down with her paw to keep it from escaping while she calls Hubie
to come have a hunting lesson.

Hubert went to TED this afternoon; he's 9 weeks old and weighs 4.75
pounds. TED said he's the biggest kitten he's ever seen. I mentioned
how I assumed he's eating enough because he's growing so much, but I
sort of worried about how he's so skinny. TED looked me in the eye
and said "If you've got a 9 weeks kitten who's 4.75 pounds, nutrition
is *not* a problem." Heh.

I keep finding plants mysteriously off the shelves and on the floor.
I'd thought Hubert was knocking them off by getting behind them to
look out the windows, but no. DH said he walked in to see Hubert rear
up on his back legs, wrap his front legs around a peace lily, and
wrestle the thing until it fell off the bookcase. DH shooed him down
before he could pick a fight with the next one.

------
Krista

I enjoy these snippets, keep them coming.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.