Pics: Box!!

Old April 1st 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Pics: Box!!

Now that my economy has started to revive after all the vet bills last
autumn, I could finally get myself a new TV. It came in a big box, and
of course it's the best cat toy ever. Here are some shots of Caliban
playing in it. He ripped open that hole all by himself from the smaller
handhold that was there already.

http://tinyurl.com/oechh
http://tinyurl.com/ldwnr
http://tinyurl.com/lsj5b

I can't believe they can still both fit up there together! Of course, it
may be just stubborness, as both refuse to relinquish the top perch to
the other one.

http://tinyurl.com/q9fzg

I got the cats a climbing panel. It's just a piece of carpet on a wooden
frame. My nephew came over and put it up for me yesterday. Miranda loves
it, and climbs it all the time, though she seems a bit put out when she
reaches the top and there's nowhere to go after that but down. Even
Caliban has climbed it a few times, but it makes alarming ripping sounds
when he climbs it. ;o)

http://tinyurl.com/qegyr

My nephew also installed a baby lock on the cabinet under the sink, so
now the cats can't go in and riffle through the trash or kill the rolls
of kitchen towels. Never again will I have to come home to this sight
knock on wood:

http://tinyurl.com/awnhn

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 1st 06, 08:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine K. wrote:

The panel's for climbing? I thought they were just for scratching, but
then neither of the cats in this residence has ever climbed walls,
curtains etc. knocks on wood even tho they sometimes have looked like
they did, running at high speed and taking a curve up along the wall...

When you have a monkeycat like Miranda, the panel's for climbing. ;o)
Besides, this panel's some 120 cm long, so it would have to be a very,
very long cat to need that much scratching area, even if they stood on
their back legs and stretched as high as they could.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 1st 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Box!!

Marina wrote:
Now that my economy has started to revive after all the vet bills last
autumn, I could finally get myself a new TV. It came in a big box, and
of course it's the best cat toy ever. Here are some shots of Caliban
playing in it. He ripped open that hole all by himself from the
smaller handhold that was there already.

I hope you enjoy your new TV as much as the cats enjoyed the box, Is it a
digital model? The reason I ask is, I read a couple of weeks ago that
Finland will be the first country in europe to switch off all analogue
transmissions, by the end of 2008.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 1st 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian A wrote:
I hope you enjoy your new TV as much as the cats enjoyed the box, Is it a
digital model? The reason I ask is, I read a couple of weeks ago that
Finland will be the first country in europe to switch off all analogue
transmissions, by the end of 2008.

That will actually happen by the end of August 2007. I didn't buy a
digital TV, because I live in a house with cable, and there is only one
(very expensive) TV model suitable for cable households on the Finnish
market. I'll just have to get myself a decoder (haven't done it yet in
silent (very silent) protest against how badly this whole transition has
been planned - it took ages before any necessary appliances were
available on our market, and now the shortage of appliances for cable
households. Disgusting).

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 1st 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Adrian A wrote:
I hope you enjoy your new TV as much as the cats enjoyed the box, Is
it a digital model? The reason I ask is, I read a couple of weeks
ago that Finland will be the first country in europe to switch off
all analogue transmissions, by the end of 2008.

That will actually happen by the end of August 2007. I didn't buy a
digital TV, because I live in a house with cable, and there is only
one (very expensive) TV model suitable for cable households on the
Finnish market. I'll just have to get myself a decoder (haven't done
it yet in silent (very silent) protest against how badly this whole
transition has been planned - it took ages before any necessary
appliances were
available on our market, and now the shortage of appliances for cable
households. Disgusting).

It is being badly handled here as well, I think a lot of people, especially
the elderly will be very confused by it all.

Old April 1st 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-31 23:27:41 -0600, Marina said:

[...]

That climbing panel is COOL. Vastly amusing pics. I love Caliban's
little paw batting out of the box.

Old April 8th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

Now that my economy has started to revive after all the vet bills last
autumn, I could finally get myself a new TV. It came in a big box, and
of course it's the best cat toy ever. Here are some shots of Caliban
playing in it. He ripped open that hole all by himself from the smaller
handhold that was there already.

http://tinyurl.com/oechh
http://tinyurl.com/ldwnr
http://tinyurl.com/lsj5b

snip

Soncek loves hiding in the box the tv came in!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Pics, including Frank Marina Cat anecdotes 16 December 11th 05 05:07 AM
New pics (will hopefully show up eventually) Marina Cat anecdotes 16 April 27th 05 06:13 PM
Tallulah & Hubert pics! LOL Cat anecdotes 48 August 24th 04 12:00 AM
New Pics! LOL Cat anecdotes 6 April 25th 04 09:29 PM
need pics of ringworm DeAnna Cats - misc 1 July 24th 03 05:29 PM