(OT) More Tornados....

Old April 7th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default (OT) More Tornados....

I hate it when I have to stay awake till the watch is over. This one's on
until 1:00 AM. The sirens in this town are not loud enough to wake me. I
need to get a NOAA weather radio that can be set to sound alarm when a
tornado warning is issued. Also need to cut a trap door in the floor so I
can get to the basement from inside the house, and move the cats down there
as well. It's simply too damp to sleep down there.

Tornado safety purrs once again are hereby solicited. Bad lightning storm in
progress at the moment.

Old April 7th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:22:48 -0500, Pat wrote:

I hate it when I have to stay awake till the watch is over. This one's on
until 1:00 AM. The sirens in this town are not loud enough to wake me. I
need to get a NOAA weather radio that can be set to sound alarm when a
tornado warning is issued. Also need to cut a trap door in the floor so I
can get to the basement from inside the house, and move the cats down there
as well. It's simply too damp to sleep down there.

Tornado safety purrs once again are hereby solicited. Bad lightning storm in
progress at the moment.

Safety purrs headed your way. MLB
Old April 7th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:

Tornado safety purrs once again are hereby solicited. Bad lightning storm in
progress at the moment.

Purrs on the way.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 7th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-06 22:22:48 -0500, "Pat" said:

I hate it when I have to stay awake till the watch is over. This one's
on until 1:00 AM. The sirens in this town are not loud enough to wake
me. I need to get a NOAA weather radio that can be set to sound alarm
when a tornado warning is issued. Also need to cut a trap door in the
floor so I can get to the basement from inside the house, and move the
cats down there as well. It's simply too damp to sleep down there.

Tornado safety purrs once again are hereby solicited. Bad lightning
storm in progress at the moment.

They passed here earlier. Purrs that it ends up being uneventful. The
wind was wicked. Someone lost a roof on the edge of town. However, I
had carriers out, bag with all Pearls meds and cat food (and my meds)
ready to go so I figured it would be OK. I figure if I get things all
ready I'll never need to use them. So far it works.

Old April 7th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
I hate it when I have to stay awake till the watch is over. This one's on
until 1:00 AM. The sirens in this town are not loud enough to wake me. I
need to get a NOAA weather radio that can be set to sound alarm when a
tornado warning is issued. Also need to cut a trap door in the floor so I
can get to the basement from inside the house, and move the cats down there
as well. It's simply too damp to sleep down there.

Tornado safety purrs once again are hereby solicited. Bad lightning storm in
progress at the moment.

Purrs en route. I realize this won't help you if the power goes out. But
don't they issue tornado warnings over the TV? Perhaps you could use
that in the mean time until you get a weather radio. Or is that only in
the movies?
Old April 7th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

rrb wrote:
Pat wrote:
I hate it when I have to stay awake till the watch is over. This
one's on until 1:00 AM. The sirens in this town are not loud enough
to wake me. I need to get a NOAA weather radio that can be set to
sound alarm when a tornado warning is issued. Also need to cut a
trap door in the floor so I can get to the basement from inside the
house, and move the cats down there as well. It's simply too damp to
sleep down there.

Tornado safety purrs once again are hereby solicited. Bad lightning
storm in progress at the moment.

Purrs en route. I realize this won't help you if the power goes out.
But don't they issue tornado warnings over the TV? Perhaps you could
use
that in the mean time until you get a weather radio. Or is that only
in
the movies?

Here, the television breaks in with loud annoying tones when there is a
Warning (as opposed to a Watch) issued. We're supposed to get some of that
stuff through here tomorrow. Purrs for Pat's nerves and safety.

Jill

Old April 7th 06, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Set the basement up so you can sleep in it during a Tornado watch

Old April 7th 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yuck, I grew up in Indiana and my school was destroyed by a tornado
when I was in third grade. Many understanding and safety purrs for you
and yours!

Cantate in Tokyo (where we just have earthquakes)

Old April 7th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
I hate it when I have to stay awake till the watch is over. This
one's on until 1:00 AM. The sirens in this town are not loud enough
to wake me. I need to get a NOAA weather radio that can be set to
sound alarm when a tornado warning is issued. Also need to cut a trap
door in the floor so I can get to the basement from inside the house,
and move the cats down there as well. It's simply too damp to sleep
down there.

Tornado safety purrs once again are hereby solicited. Bad lightning
storm in progress at the moment.

Purrs on the way, though I expect that storm is over by now, purrs to stay
safe for the season.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 7th 06, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:22:48 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

I hate it when I have to stay awake till the watch is over. This one's on
until 1:00 AM. The sirens in this town are not loud enough to wake me. I
need to get a NOAA weather radio that can be set to sound alarm when a
tornado warning is issued. Also need to cut a trap door in the floor so I
can get to the basement from inside the house, and move the cats down there
as well. It's simply too damp to sleep down there.

Tornado safety purrs once again are hereby solicited. Bad lightning storm in
progress at the moment.

Purrs that the watch wasn't extended and you got to sleep.

We had lots of thunder and lightning yesterday about sunup. I learned
that I now have two that are afraid of lightning. When the storm
started I knew Sammy would be scared, so I went and got in bed where
she was hiding under the covers. I've written about her fear before.
I'm not so sure she's really afraid anymore, as soon I get in bed she
starts to purr. After awhile I realised Spotty hadn't followed me to
bed. Usually she hops up on the bed right after I get in bed and
settles down and goes to sleep. So I went looking for her and found
her hiding in the bathtub from the storm. When she realised I had
found her hiding plce she came out and followed me to bed, but at the
next thunderboom she went back to the tub - not a bad thing really, as
they tell us that one of the safer places to take shelter. Little Bit,
who panics if it starts to rain when she's in the OUT, doesn't mind
storms in the least when she's safely inside watching through the
window. She seems to enjoy watching the light show, though she will go
into hiding if it starts to hail.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Tornados all around Pat Cat anecdotes 10 November 16th 05 04:58 AM
OT Iowa tornados? Karen Cat anecdotes 3 November 14th 05 07:41 AM
Colorado Experience OT Bev Cat anecdotes 15 April 11th 05 03:14 AM