Survived the weather but many didn't

Old April 8th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Survived the weather but many didn't

The tornadic storms passed south and then east/northeast of the Memphis
area, hitting the folks in Nashville and beyond last night. 11 confirmed
dead. I hate to say it, but 'tis the tornado season, for the midwest and
midsouthern U.S. As that old song says, "That's just the way it is... some
things will never change*"

Persia, smart gal, hid in the closet but she knew when it was okay to come
out and comfort me, too. She comforted me muchly. And Peaches was chirping
as the wind chimes rang and the birds were still chirping in the trees, so
she was telling me "they haven't left, so it's okay." She's right; listen
to nature. Aminals and even insects go into hiding when bad weather is
coming. Just look at when the tsunami hit Asia and the elephants and
monkeys headed for high ground.

Jill

*That song had to do with prejudice. If you've never heard it, you should
look it up. Bruce Hornsby. Absolutely beautiful piano piece and vocals and
a message. But tornados, earthquakes, hurricanes, they think the same way.
They don't see a colour bar.

The Way It Is
B. R. Hornsby
Standing in line marking time--
Waiting for the welfare dime
'Cause they can't buy a job
The man in the silk suit hurries by
As he catches the poor old ladies' eyes
Just for fun he says, "Get a job"

That's just the way it is
Some things will never change
That's just the way it is
But don't you believe them

They say hey little boy you can't go
Where the others go
'Cause you don't look like they do
Said hey old man how can you stand
To think that way
Did you really think about it
Before you made the rules
He said, Son

That's just the way it is
Some things will never change
That's just the way it is
But don't you believe them

Well they passed a law in '64
To give those who ain't got a little more
But it only goes so far
Because the law another's mind
When all it sees at the hiring time
Is the line on the color bar

Weather concerns Dan M Cat anecdotes 9 March 15th 06 10:59 PM
Oliver the Weather Weenie Margaret Fine Cat anecdotes 23 February 27th 04 11:37 PM
Hoomins and weather Amelia T. Cat Cat community 11 October 25th 03 01:35 AM
Kitty weather forecasts Bobcat Cat anecdotes 6 September 2nd 03 12:37 AM