Rumbling cat's

Old April 8th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Blairomatic

Default Rumbling cat's

On Jan 2, I posted here asking for advice on our two cats we picked up
from the shelter.

(The original post is below).

As a follow-up I'd like to write that everything has turned out
brilliantly, they are great friends and are currently cuddled up with
eachother on the spare bed, as it is a particularly chilly night.

Thier play can still get pretty rough, and Bella (who was previously
the passive one) has generally grown in confidence, and can hold her
own.

I broke up an overly playful rumble last night, but we rarely have to
come between them.

Also, I must add, it's a guy thing, but I don't mind it when they're
going toe to toe!

I watch enthused (Kiwi is an incredible athlete and has amazing moves,
while Bella is all for sheer power and uses her added bulk to full
advantage - when she charges she is like a male lion in Africa,
whereas Kiwi is more like a sleek agile lioness), although my wife is
the opposite and will jump in way too early (a bit like those boxing
referees I don't like, who stop the show waaaaaaaay to early!)

All is fine though and they're a real gift.

Better than kids!...and better than any current boxing match!

Blair

Original post:

We've adopted two little beauties from the SPCA and they have fitted
into our home like a treat.

Kiwi and Bella are both quite young, and after a tentative start, get
on now like the proverbial house on fire.

They play fight a lot, in fact for the majority of their
waking/non-eating times! Lot's of games of chase and wrestling, but
Kiwi is a bit full-on and can up the ante and Bella is also known to
turn on the firepower when she want's to, usually in retaliation.

The result is that occasionally their play get's a bit rough and
overheated with lot's of growls and lashing out with paws and teeth.

When it get's to this stage, should we jump in a seperate them? Or
should we leave them to sort it out for themselves? After all, we are
not home during the day, so they will be home alone to sort things out
without us, Bella is usually on the receiving end, so is it better for
her to learn how get out of a tricky situation on her own?

That's all for now.

Old April 8th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Blairomatic" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jan 2, I posted here asking for advice on our two cats we picked up
from the shelter.

I'm really glad you're all enjoying one another. Cats that live together
like this rarely hurt each other though their play looks really rough at
times. My two girls are hilarious--neither is a great warrior, they just get
in these very girly slap battles, lots of rearing back and making bitchy
faces and sounds, a great display of fang and claw, but little actual
contact. It was funny when my little skinny tabby first came to us, because
our other cat, then quite fat, would try to block her way, but Gracie would
just sail over her like a gazelle. Now Boo has lost all her excess, so they
actually chase each other all over the house.

Old April 9th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Apr 8, 12:50?pm, "Blairomatic" wrote:
[...]

So... what is it that you require from us? I'm reading problem-solved
here. What do you need now? I read your post but I still don't get it.

IBen Getiner

I have a black fungus making rumbling sounds [email protected] Cat anecdotes 5 January 8th 07 09:18 AM
Rumbling cats Blairomatic Cat health & behaviour 3 January 1st 07 10:09 PM
Still trying to cat's up..... kilikini Cat anecdotes 26 May 25th 06 09:49 PM
Your cat's name? Ann Cat anecdotes 46 November 2nd 05 01:17 AM
Cat's cold? Steve Cat health & behaviour 10 February 14th 04 05:23 AM