hairballs

Old October 17th 04, 05:51 AM
Melanie's Phony Email Address for NGs

Default hairballs

My cat has been coughing and hacking up hairballs recently.

I did buy her some remedy.

My question is, are hairballs self-curing? Is the remedy just
something to make the humans feel better? Or is the remedy to make the
cat stop coughing them up and to make her feel better?

Just wondering, thanks.

~Melanie
Old October 17th 04, 06:06 AM
Cathy Friedmann

wrote in message om...
My cat has been coughing and hacking up hairballs recently.

I did buy her some remedy.

My question is, are hairballs self-curing? Is the remedy just
something to make the humans feel better? Or is the remedy to make the
cat stop coughing them up and to make her feel better?

Just wondering, thanks.

~Melanie

The hairball remedy (basically Vaseline + a flavoring) is to help the hair
to move along the digestive tract, so that instead of coughing the hair up
in the form of hairballs, the hair hopefully goes all of the way through &
winds up in the litter box instead.

Cathy

Old October 17th 04, 05:52 PM
Mary

wrote in message om...
My cat has been coughing and hacking up hairballs recently.

I did buy her some remedy.

My question is, are hairballs self-curing? Is the remedy just something to

make the humans feel better?

It enables them to pass them in their stool.

Old October 17th 04, 09:34 PM
soft

wrote in message om...
My cat has been coughing and hacking up hairballs recently.

I did buy her some remedy.

My question is, are hairballs self-curing? Is the remedy just something to

make the humans feel better?

I found somee hairball formul food by science diet (wet food) last
time I went to the pet store. I bought some along with my usually
flavors and the Royal Cain dry to try. I think it is working better
than the remedy does. And the cats eat it. They get a little of the
hairball formula a couple times a week and I have had less throwing up
hair balls than when I was using the remedy a couple times a week.

Karryl
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/soft63389/index.htm

Old October 18th 04, 01:41 AM
Melanie's Phony Email Address for NGs

It enables them to pass them in their stool.

OK, thanks. I have seen hair in her stools.

She has thick tabby cat fur. And she has long white fur on her tummy.
An interesting ancestral mix!

I think it's about time she stopped shedding and kept her winter coat!

Speaking of cat fur everywhere, I think my cat cursed my vacuum
cleaner. It stopped working.

It's a week until the new one arrives. I told Cristobel to not shed
until then,but she appears to not have understood me.

LOl

~Melanie

Old October 18th 04, 02:09 AM
Mary

wrote in message om...

It enables them to pass them in their stool.

OK, thanks. I have seen hair in her stools.

She has thick tabby cat fur. And she has long white fur on her tummy.An

interesting ancestral mix!

Now you know we need to see some photos! You can post some at a free
Yahoo photo site, it's easy. Then you can post the link here. I did it. Or
you can post photos directly to alt.binaries. pictures.animals. Here are my
babies. They don't look nearly as special as they are.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/crazya...ines/my_photos