Smudge is being obnoxious

Old December 8th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Smudge is being obnoxious

I'm having my breakfast (yes, I did sleep a tad late), which includes
a bowl of oatmeal. Smudge will not stop trying to shove her face into
the bowl. I've even tried tossing her off the desk (gently), but she's
a very willful cat and she got right back up.

Finally, I took a small spoonful and placed it on the desk, as far from
my food as I could, because everyone knows that if you give a begging
cat some of your food, they will be satisfied and go away.

Very soon afterward, I gave her a second half-spoonful. And finally,
when I was finished, I let her lick the bowl. Now she's curled up in my
arms - I think she's finally satisfied.

--
Joyce - and Smudge, the grain-obsessed feline ^..^

Old December 8th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
I'm having my breakfast (yes, I did sleep a tad late), which includes
a bowl of oatmeal. Smudge will not stop trying to shove her face into
the bowl. I've even tried tossing her off the desk (gently), but she's
a very willful cat and she got right back up.

Finally, I took a small spoonful and placed it on the desk, as far from
my food as I could, because everyone knows that if you give a begging
cat some of your food, they will be satisfied and go away.

Very soon afterward, I gave her a second half-spoonful. And finally,
when I was finished, I let her lick the bowl. Now she's curled up in my
arms - I think she's finally satisfied.

--
Joyce - and Smudge, the grain-obsessed feline ^..^

What kind of oats? Steel cut? My Scottish grandpa wasn't happy until he
had his "parritch" in the morning I wonder if Persia would like oatmeal?
I grew up on the stuff but haven't had any in years.

Jill

Old December 8th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

What kind of oats? Steel cut? My Scottish grandpa wasn't happy until he
had his "parritch" in the morning I wonder if Persia would like oatmeal?
I grew up on the stuff but haven't had any in years.

Actually, I mix steel cut oats with rolled oats. The steel cut gives
it a big more substance, but the rolled oats make it more smooth, or
something.

Does Persia like other grains?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 8th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I don't have it often, but it's s-o-o-o easy to make in the microwave,
that I eat it a lot more than when I first started housekeeping for
myself! (Never tried it on the cats, btu who knows?)
Old December 8th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 7, 8:03*pm, wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

* What kind of oats? *Steel cut? *My Scottish grandpa wasn't happy until he
* had his "parritch" in the morning *I wonder if Persia would like oatmeal?
* I grew up on the stuff but haven't had any in years.

Actually, I mix steel cut oats with rolled oats. The steel cut gives
it a big more substance, but the rolled oats make it more smooth, or
something.

That's a good idea. I should try mixing them/ I found steel cut takes
longer to cook.
But I heard they are more nutritious.

Winnie

Old December 8th 08, 08:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Winnie" wrote in message
On Dec 7, 8:03 pm, wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

What kind of oats? Steel cut? My Scottish grandpa wasn't happy until he
had his "parritch" in the morning I wonder if Persia would like
oatmeal?
I grew up on the stuff but haven't had any in years.

Actually, I mix steel cut oats with rolled oats. The steel cut gives
it a big more substance, but the rolled oats make it more smooth, or
something.

That's a good idea. I should try mixing them/ I found steel cut takes
longer to cook.
But I heard they are more nutritious.

Winnie

They do take longer to cook, sort of like real grits (it's a southern US
thing) as opposed to instant or quick-cooking grits. Takes about 20 minutes
or so. But they have more "oomph" to them. And they haven't had the bran
removed.

Jill

Old December 8th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Dec 7, 6:25�pm, wrote:
I'm having my breakfast (yes, I did sleep a tad late), which includes
a bowl of oatmeal. Smudge will not stop trying to shove her face into
the bowl. I've even tried tossing her off the desk (gently), but she's
a very willful cat and she got right back up.

Finally, I took a small spoonful and placed it on the desk, as far from
my food as I could, because everyone knows that if you give a begging
cat some of your food, they will be satisfied and go away.

Very soon afterward, I gave her a second half-spoonful. And finally,
when I was finished, I let her lick the bowl. Now she's curled up in my
arms - I think she's finally satisfied.

--
Joyce - and Smudge, the grain-obsessed feline � ^..^

It just slays me the things even the most finicky cat will beg for and
actually
eat, when it's not intended for them. Bosley turns his nose up at all
but
one kind of cat food. And he jumped up on the desk and ate a frito
like
he was starving the other day.
Cherokee used to stare at me while I ate Cheerios every morning,
becuase he
got the last of the Cheerio milk. He'd get impatient like he was
afraid I wasn't
going to leave any in the bowl, and start tapping my leg.

Sherry
Old December 8th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

What kind of oats? Steel cut? My Scottish grandpa wasn't happy until
he had his "parritch" in the morning

Actually, I mix steel cut oats with rolled oats. The steel cut gives
it a big more substance, but the rolled oats make it more smooth, or
something.

That's a good idea. I should try mixing them/ I found steel cut takes
longer to cook.

I really detest cooked porridge. Oats mixed with fruit juice and left
to stand for a bit are great. I often mix rolled oats and oatmeal too.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old December 8th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Dec 7, 6:25?pm, wrote:
[...]

ROTFLMAO! *Love* that mental picture... "Hey, mom, hey, leave me some, OK?
Mom? Leave me some? Hey, mom, don't eat it all, leave me some!!!"

Hugs,

CatNipped

Smudge the Hunter [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 July 26th 08 06:39 PM
Obnoxious little turd.... Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 30 November 19th 05 08:26 PM
WOW!! Thank you everyone!! And another Smudge update [email protected] Cat anecdotes 21 November 14th 05 07:07 AM
Smudge Update Yowie Cat anecdotes 9 November 7th 05 08:32 PM
My name is SMUDGE! TBird Cat anecdotes 22 January 12th 05 11:42 PM