cats and holidays

Old May 9th 04, 05:23 PM
Bianca

Default cats and holidays

I got my cat (Eve) from a cat shelter about one and half years ago.
When I got her she was four months old and very scared. she has
improved a lot since then but I have not been on holiday since I got
her. This year I would like to go on holiday but I don't know what is
the better option for her. To look for a nice cattery or to leave her
in my flat and find a nice cat sitter to look after her while I am
away?
Please tell me about your experiences with your cats and holidays.

Bianca
Old May 9th 04, 05:39 PM
[ medic ]

Personally, I like to get a cat sitter. That way, my kitties don't have to
get used to a whole new environment when I'm gone.

om...

Old May 9th 04, 07:15 PM
MacCandace

Personally, I like to get a cat sitter. That way, my kitties don't have to
get used to a whole new environment when I'm gone.

Yes, I agree. Cats are very attached to their environment so it is best that
they can stay there. Find a reliable sitter and have him/her come visit a few
times before you go so your cat will be familiar with them. Find out the going
rate for this service in your area and either get a trusted friend or someone
reputable who does this for a living. You want to make sure they come every
day and spend a little time with the kitty.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)