Christmas List

Old November 13th 04, 10:08 AM
Renee D.

Default Christmas List

I just want to say that I have received the list. I wish that I could
send cards to everyone, but I cannot -- mainly due to health reasons.

This is the greatest group online -- compassionate, caring,
intelligent, sometimes funny, often sad, responsive people who share the
good and the bad in their lives. I read whenever I am up to it, laugh
and cry with you, and post once in a while. I have been with this
group for 3+ years now -- and it means a lot to me.

Right now -- this day, this hour -- is a good time for me. The
holiday season is fast approaching, and I look forward to it with love
in my heart. I want to wish you all the very best for this and every
season!

And to all the kitties in the world, large and small, a headbonk and a
kiss on the nose!

Renee in CA USA

"There are no ordinary cats." Colette

Old November 13th 04, 02:52 PM
Adrian

I just want to say that I have received the list. I wish that I
could send cards to everyone, but I cannot -- mainly due to health
reasons.

This is the greatest group online -- compassionate, caring,
intelligent, sometimes funny, often sad, responsive people who share
the good and the bad in their lives. I read whenever I am up to
it, laugh and cry with you, and post once in a while. I have been
with this group for 3+ years now -- and it means a lot to me.

Right now -- this day, this hour -- is a good time for me. The
holiday season is fast approaching, and I look forward to it with
love in my heart. I want to wish you all the very best for this
and every season!

And to all the kitties in the world, large and small, a headbonk and
a kiss on the nose!

Renee in CA USA

I received the list as well, I wish I could send to everyone but as I've
been out of work for eighteen months I can't afford unnecessary
expenses.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 13th 04, 05:44 PM
Bridget

Adrian wrote:

[...]

I say at this point don't worry about it. One year I was on the list
and about the time I was getting ready to do my cards all kinds of chaos
broke out like the block across the street blew up due to a gas leak and
we were evacuated and things didn't get better from there for about two
weeks because of clean up and constant threat of evacuation. And then my
father got really sick right after. I finally gave up on sending cards
and just enjoyed the ones I got. They were a real morale booster. So,
if your name ended up on the list and you can't reciprocate, just enjoy
it and thanks for being so honest. I predict they will make your
holidays just a bit nicer (a lot nicer). I personally like to know who I
am sending to that is only receiving cards and not sending so I can
offer a special prayer/purr in their direction because there is always a
reason even if I don't know it.

Bridget

Old November 14th 04, 07:59 PM
Christina Websell

"Bridget" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:

[...]

I didn't put my name forward because I'm in a similar situation to Adrian.
I've been off work sick for nearly a year with the eye ops I've had to have,
and I too have to avoid any expense that I possibly can. So I knew I
wouldn't be able to send cards abroad from England because of the postage
costs. I'd like to have joined in.
Perhaps next year, eh? I'll hopefully be back at work in a few weeks.

Tweed

Old November 14th 04, 08:19 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Adrian wrote:

[...]

So what if you can't SEND card, but wouldn't you like to RECEIVE cards???
And make your postman/woman/person wonder (not to mention actually earn
their keep)???

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old November 14th 04, 09:45 PM
Jeanne Hedge

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:59:29 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I didn't put my name forward because I'm in a similar situation to Adrian.
I've been off work sick for nearly a year with the eye ops I've had to have,
and I too have to avoid any expense that I possibly can. So I knew I
wouldn't be able to send cards abroad from England because of the postage
costs. I'd like to have joined in.
Perhaps next year, eh? I'll hopefully be back at work in a few weeks.

Tweed

Tweed, there are several people on the list who are "Receive Only" for
various reasons of their own. It's not a big deal.

So email your address to Pam Shirk and get yourself on the Christmas
Card list!

Make your postman wonder why you're getting all these foreign (and
not) Christmas cards g

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com