Little suck-up!

Old November 7th 04, 02:23 PM
jmcquown

Default Little suck-up!

Last night I was hit with a craving for fish & chips. (Unlike the popular
view of *most* Merkins, I don't live on fast food; I'm quite a good and able
cook and enjoy doing so.) But I just had to have some, so out I went to a
fast food joint to pick up a couple of pieces of battered fried cod, chips
(fries) and hush-puppies (a Southern USian thing) and some malt vinegar.

I was snacking out of the box, sort of reclining on the couch, watching a
movie. Persia settled on the arm of the couch at my head. First the motor
starts up - really *loud* purrs. Nope, sorry, you can't have my dinner.
(She's on special food since her bladder surgery and I never intentionally
give her 'people food' anyway.) Next come the head rubs and then eager eyes
brightly staring at the piece of fish or the fry in my hand. Nope. Next
comes the gentle combing of my hair with her teeth, as if she thinks by
grooming me I'll somehow become so relaxed I'll drop my food on the floor.
Foiled again!

She sucked up big time! Didn't work. But it was fun having her try!

Jill

Old November 7th 04, 03:45 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:23:49 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

Maybe she was just flossing! That always cracks me up.

Theresa

Old November 7th 04, 04:08 PM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:23:49 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

I was snacking out of the box, sort of reclining on the couch,
watching a movie. Persia settled on the arm of the couch at my
head. First the motor starts up - really *loud* purrs. Nope,
sorry, you can't have my dinner. (She's on special food since her
bladder surgery and I never intentionally give her 'people food'
anyway.) Next come the head rubs and then eager eyes brightly
staring at the piece of fish or the fry in my hand. Nope. Next
comes the gentle combing of my hair with her teeth, as if she thinks
by grooming me I'll somehow become so relaxed I'll drop my food on
the floor. Foiled again!

Maybe she was just flossing! That always cracks me up.

Theresa

It's pretty funny, isn't it? But I *know* when I'm sleeping and she comes
creeping up and starts grooming me, she's just doing it out of love. I give
her gentle head butts and she purrs even more. How on earth did I wind up
with this adorable, loving cat? It's a mystery.

Jill

Old November 7th 04, 07:37 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:08:54 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

It's pretty funny, isn't it? But I *know* when I'm sleeping and she comes
creeping up and starts grooming me, she's just doing it out of love. I give
her gentle head butts and she purrs even more. How on earth did I wind up
with this adorable, loving cat? It's a mystery.

Guess it was just fate - first some dimwit idiots dumped/abandoned,
and just let her be an outside cat, then she had the good sense to
recognise the big "cat wanted" sign you didn't even realise was
outside your place (or perhaps Samson guided her to you). I figure
that's the way I got LB (which of course led to Sammy being born
here). I didn't know what I was missing ;-) And how Tweed got her KFC
and BF. Hmmmm, perhaps the mothership decided we were all "d*g people"
who needed to be converted.

On a side note, LB and I invented a new game this morning. I was
sleeping in late (after my first night working my winter job
delivering pizza) and LB and Sammy decided it was past time for the
lazy hoomin to be up and about. I woke to LB headbutting me in the
face. I was about half awake, and opened one eye to see her pretty
face about two inches from my nose. When I tried to ignore her, she
touched her wet nose to my nose, and I opened my eye again. I noticed
that as soon as I opened an eye, her focus would change so that she
was starring into my eye. So I started winking at her, changing which
eye I opened. I thought it was pretty funny to watch her eyes change
focus to be looking directly at my open eye. Of course after doing
this a minute or so, I was too awake to stay in bed, so I guess she
won the game.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old November 28th 04, 01:21 AM
Jean Hobbs

Wilson is usually very good at *not* waking me, but sometimes if
getting impatient, he'll give my toe a little nibble, he seems to know
this is my most vulnerable place, but he generally comes off worst
when he checks me out first to see if I am asleep, suddenly in my
sleep I feel thissoft tickle on my face or arm and I flick my hand up real
quick, only to hit poor Wilson in the face,but he doesn't run,just backs
off a bit, he must know I didn't mean to hit him, so why do I feel guilty?
Jean.P.

Toad Suck? Yowie Cat anecdotes 8 November 14th 04 08:52 PM
Toad Suck Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 36 July 10th 04 02:37 AM