Such a little lady

Old October 13th 04, 03:04 AM
Stormin Mormon

And I can wonder if I'll get a back ache, bending over to scritch her belly.
My fat belly doesn't bend in that direction for very long. Next time, I sit
on the floor.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Singh" wrote in message

CatNipped wrote:

I believe Louie may be right. They seem transcendent when they purr like
that (and you're right, *where* do those deep, loud purrs come from in

that
little body?!

I don't know!! she's all of seven pounds, kind of chunky for an 8 month old
kitten but the vet's not much worried. But you can hear her purring from the
next room. Roxie is no less transcendental, no less ecstatic, but much
quieter.
She's not a hugger like the other two. Roxie, a cat collecting victim, was
rescued from a house that had over 40 cats and kitty-doo *everywhere*; she
was
beat on, run off from food and water, and was a mess when the shelter got
her.
She does not like confinement and to her, her security is in her sense of
freedom to move as she pleases. But you can pet her until the cows come
home,
and she'll wiggle on the floor, arch herself, make little trilly sounds, and
purr so quietly you have to touch her throat and chest to know she's doing
it.
But you can pet her for hours, and she'll purr for hours. If a cat's purr is
prayer and how they remember the name of God, then she must be telling
Him/Her
thanks for lots of space and lots of love.

OT: How is Louie doing with his job hunt?

Like a fisherman in a slow season. the nibbles are so small he has to throw
them
back. But he's getting nibbles and that's a start. thanks for asking!

Blessed be!
Baha

The Bag Lady O J Cat anecdotes 9 September 17th 04 12:39 PM
Lucky and his Lady Marina Cat anecdotes 6 September 10th 03 06:29 AM