Question

Old October 8th 10, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Question

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:57:03 -0500, Dan M wrote:

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 09:56:57 -0500, Storrmmee wrote:

they seem to be from what i read of the thread, might be a good idea if
some of the regulars here went and read that thread and commented, soft

I'm not a regular there anymore, but I did go there and comment.

I think it would be a great idea, provided that the RPCA folks didn't get
their britches in a twist over the meowchat.

Dan

Hi. I'm one of the RPCA 'meowchat' challenged individuals.

I've been lurking here for many years, and posting very occasionally.

I have trouble reading meowchat, but I'm certainly NOT going to get
upset because posts from RPCC are in their 'native language'

That's my vote in favor, FWIW

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101008-0, 10/08/2010
Tested on: 10/8/2010 1:31:26 PM

Old October 9th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Gee you said that so nice. Will tell them there will be meowchat they can
live with it or whatever. It is nice they want to honor their cats but
don't want a lot of guff about the meochat.

The "program" itself is in people speak so they could enjoy the service part
anyway.
news:s96dnfluVqrSojLRnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@powerusenet. com...

Old October 9th 10, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I think it has to be consensus of the group.
"MLB" wrote in message
Storrmmee wrote:
they seem to be from what i read of the thread, might be a good idea if
some of the regulars here went and read that thread and commented, soft
"Booker" wrote in message
. ..
My concern is that there are people in rpca that will be upset by our
meowchat posts that are cross-posted there. I think that's the issue,
rather than anyone posting here, so the question would be better put
forth on rpca. Would they be open to having the Ball cross-posted to
their newsgroup, with the understanding that some of the posts would be
in meowchat.

Storrmmee wrote:
I see no reason why it can't be cross posted, seems like a nice thing
for those who want to honor their lost friends...Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
The folks on rpca want to know if the two groups can combine for the
Jellica Ball and possibly crosspost to the two groups.

I couldn't say yes or no without asking here. I did tell them they
could post info about their cats here without using meowchat. We
never turn down a purr for any animal needing it.

A lot of them lurk here but can't read meowchat. Let me know what you
think. If they can't come here, they may try their hand at doing a
Jellica Ball.

Mi keweston is " whoo is awthorizd tu mak finl decison? TuTu

Old October 9th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

I have no problem with that and will speak in human speak with my new bride
Meowy at my side.
Love, Mosey

Old October 9th 10, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I just volunteered to translate as I do it every year for my grandkids. I
would send it to them under a heading called "translations for the Ball so
we wouldn't have to read everything twice. If that is ok
"Sandy" wrote in message ...
They are welcome here any time, and can certainly post in hoominspeak.
Many kitties at the Ball will be speaking in their various dialects of
meowchat. I wouldn't want to forgo meowchat here, but maybe we could make
an effort to include translations. I'm sure we have enough bilingual
kitties to do that.

Sandy

Old October 9th 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

The folks on rpca want to know if the two groups can combine for the
Jellica
Ball and possibly crosspost to the two groups.

I couldn't say yes or no without asking here. I did tell them they could
post info about their cats here without using meowchat. We never turn
down
a purr for any animal needing it.

A lot of them lurk here but can't read meowchat. Let me know what you
think. If they can't come here, they may try their hand at doing a
Jellica
Ball.

Ob KORSE dey can com heer an sellybrate da lifes ob dose dey hol
deer.

straining very hard I will try to tok to them so that they will
understand.

--
WooToo
Uncl Bill is posterating diss on a differen accoun beclaws da ol wun

Personally I don't think cross posting is such a good idea but they can
come here or have their own ..I don't know what to think now. They can
come here is a better idea I think. Yaaaaaaaaawn, I am off for a nap.
Love, Mosey

Old October 9th 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I don't fink we hazta chanje da way we talkz, dem kno we uzuz meowchat.
Willow knowing she will NOT speak in human speak for the duration of the
Ball, No dizrespect mint for da hoomanz.
"Mosey =^..^=" wrote in message
I agree Love, Mosey

"Granby"

Old October 9th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 06:27:16 -0500, Granby's
nimble, little paws typed:

The folks on rpca want to know if the two groups can combine for the Jellica
Ball and possibly crosspost to the two groups.

I couldn't say yes or no without asking here. I did tell them they could
post info about their cats here without using meowchat. We never turn down
a purr for any animal needing it.

A lot of them lurk here but can't read meowchat. Let me know what you
think. If they can't come here, they may try their hand at doing a Jellica
Ball.

They shouldn't crosspost. I have my newsreader set
so that deletes any crossposted messages, so I,
for one, will never see theirs...

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/8/2010 8:17:54 PM
Old October 9th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

if you are the only one with that setting we can get their posts to you but
if there are a lot then maybe not.
"Mme. Anaïs Lachatte" wrote in message
[...]

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/8/2010 8:17:54 PM

Tom cat question CatNipped[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 3 April 7th 08 08:11 PM
a question laurie w Cat anecdotes 2 July 17th 05 02:04 PM
Cat Collar Question / Cat harness question Suzanne via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 1 May 8th 05 07:27 AM
New cat question & weight question ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 6 April 1st 05 08:22 AM
question sol_girl Cat health & behaviour 6 January 12th 04 07:11 AM