Do you...

Old June 18th 04, 05:21 PM
jemifur

Default Do you...

Do you sing/talk to your furry friends?

Every morning while I get ready for work Pepper lounges in the
bathroom sink. As soon as I get out of the shower and move to the
sink he stands up on his hind legs and puts his front feet on my chest
while staring in to my eyes. He is such a cute little thing Well,
this is my hint to pick him up and sing a little ditty about what a
"pretty Pepper kitty" he is. If I don't do this he will pace the
bathroom counter and push things on to the floor. As soon as he gets
his song and cuddle he will go back to lounging in the sink. And the
thing is, I really enjoy the "kitty time" every morning while I sing -
and I swear that if I sing a different song he knows. If the song
changes I get "the look of death" until I sing "pretty kitty". So, am
I alone or are there others just as goofy as me?
Old June 18th 04, 05:42 PM
lrulan

No, you're not goofy. I sing to Jazz everyday:

Does your gut hang low
Does it wiggle to and fro?

And I swear he adores that song. He will stop and listen whenever I sing it,
and walks away when I stop.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

om...

Old June 18th 04, 06:41 PM
O J

On 18 June, jemifur wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
If the song
changes I get "the look of death" until I sing "pretty kitty". So, am
I alone or are there others just as goofy as me?

Ugol's law states that if you're doing it, there's someone else
doing it too. It wasn't originally applied to the interactions people
have with their furry masters, but it still applies. We just had a
discussion of the song someone made up to describe that cute behavior
they do where they lay their head down and roll it under, "Mr. Upside
Downy Head." The originator of that thread also wondered if there
was anyone else that goofy. It turned out that there were quite a
few.

I personally don't sing to my cats, but I did have one who was
very fond of laying on my tummy while I recited "The Owl And The
Pussycat" to her. Can't get too much goofier than that without going
off the scale.

Regards and Purrs,
O J