'And whiskers on kittens...'

Old August 9th 04, 05:53 AM
badwilson

Some of my favourite things are getting headbutts, the look of utter ecstasy
on Vino's face when I scritch his cheeks really well with my fingernails,
how cute he looks when he's meatloafing (all round and compact and solid),
and his adorable little furry paws when he dangles them over the edge of the
table. But there are many, many more favourite things and new ones get
invented every day :-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

"Bobcat" wrote in message
.. .
I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
"Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
making cats happy.
OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
cats/kittens???

Old August 9th 04, 08:31 AM

Default 'And whiskers on kittens...'

Bobcat wrote:

What's YOUR favourite thing about your cats/kittens???

Roxy's stripey face and big round eyes. Her nose rubs when she's
cuddling with me. The way she'll look up at me from sitting on the
floor, and if I hold my hand down toward her head, she'll stand
up on her hind lets to give my hand a head-butt. Also, it's really
funny the way she goes way over the top assuming the "fetching"
pose (lying on her back with her front paws curled up, and her head
tilted coyly) when she wants attention. It's like she learned it
from the world's most saccharine kitty picture book.

Licky's white whiskers against his black face (very dramatic), and
his perfect triangle of white in the "bib" area. And his little
finger-gloves of white on his front paws. Also, his constant look of
befuddlement, with big round eyes and airplane ears.

Smudge's loyalty - she's always with me. Her "smudges" of grey fur
on her nose and muzzle. Her habit of purring every time I touch her,
and sometimes even when I don't touch her at all, but just coo at
her. The way she loves being petted and scritched when *outdoors*.

All cats: My favorite place to kiss a cat is on their forehead, just
below the ears. I'm totally fascinated by kitty ears, the way they
position them to express subtle (and not-so-subtle) attitudes. And
kitty purring is my favorite sound, ever.

Hey - you know those "environmental sounds" recordings, that have
the sounds of ocean waves, or rushing rivers, or rain, etc, to relax
you? Has anyone done one of a cat purring? If not, then: *business
opportunity!!*

Joyce

Old August 9th 04, 11:42 AM
Marina

wrote

All cats: My favorite place to kiss a cat is on their forehead, just
below the ears. I'm totally fascinated by kitty ears, the way they
position them to express subtle (and not-so-subtle) attitudes. And
kitty purring is my favorite sound, ever.

Another ear-lover. ;o) I forgot to mention that I love Nikki's purr, which
is exceptionally loud and with a sort of trilling in it. And now seeing her
tail stick out of yet another paper bag, I love the way she leaves her tail
behind when she's inside a box or her tent or under the covers in the bed.
Or a paper bag, as now.

Frank's sudden bursts of affection are endearing. He comes up to me and
headbutts me and acts as if his life depended on him getting some scritches
from me that very minute.I also love the way he walks beside me like a d*g
when we go out for walkies (don't tell him I said that). When we get home,
he goes and sits in front of the lift door and sits down to wait, when the
lift comes and the door opens he walks in and then stands at a safe distance
from the door until it opens again. He's like a well-trained d*g, but of
course, I haven't done anything to train him. Nikki is scared of the lift
and the only way to get her inside one is to carry her, and then she tries
to stick her nose in the door while the lift is moving.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 9th 04, 02:58 PM
Zorin the Lynx

Let's see...

- Lynxie's whiskers, of course. They're so numerous and perfectly
symmetrical.
- The way his whiskers tip forward when you're dangling a toy or treat
in front of him, almost as if "feeling" the air in front of him.
- The wide-eyed, perked ears expression he gets when I get out the treat
bag.
- the pure white fur on his chin and parts of his neck. You can't help
but want to stroke it with your finger..
- The wonderful stripey pattern he has, with the spots on his tummy.
- The way his tailtip curls over when he holds his tail up, as if he's
too lazy to straighten out the entire thing.
- His adorable plaintive meows when he wants to leave or enter a room.
Sometimes he adds a trill effect to them. "Mrrrowrp?"
- The way he rubs against my ankles at the most unexpected times; IE I'm
slaughtering demons in DOOM and suddenly I feel this softness against
me. (I usually end up slaughtered in the game after this)
- Those big eyes, especially when dark-adjusted and the pupils are HUGE.
- The way he runs after me and pounces my ankle, sometimes biting. It
may hurt a bit, but I wouldn't give it up for the world.
- The cute sound effects he makes when playing.

...and probably much more that I can't think of at the moment.

Cats are bliss.

-Z