Tasteless use of cat in advertising

Old April 14th 04, 12:07 AM
Mary

"kaeli" wrote

One thing, though - I DESPISE the Quiznos ads with those rat things.

now hate Quiznos and would never go there.

Me too! I don't like the blockbuster video
hamster ads either. I think it is the
anthropomorphizing (sp?) that makes them so
icky. It would be funnier to see a human walking
around acting like a cat.

As to the free will thing - lots and lots of people in this world

aren't
all there in the head. They're already predisposed to do bad or

stupid
things and a little encouragement is all they really need. Kids are
still imitating that horrid Jackass show, FCOL. To assume people

even
have common sense gives people too much credit.
Sure, most of us aren't going to go cutting heads off cats because

of a
car ad, but all it takes is one idiot who laughs, says it's really
funny, and decides to try it...and that's just the idiots. Some

people
are not just idiots, but truly cruel. I don't even want to go there.

All true. I try not to think about the walking wastes out there
who are so numb they seek out the most horrific experiences
just so that they can manage to FEEL something.

---

Old April 14th 04, 02:30 AM
Sherry

I've been laughing at the site for years. My favorite was the Viking
kittens, which seemed to have disappeared the last time I checked the
site.

Laura

Awww. I *love* the Viking Kittens. I used to watch it at least once a day.

Sherry

Old April 14th 04, 02:35 AM
Cheryl

Laura R. dumped this in
on 13 Apr 2004:

The entire top of his head
is even less lush than Donald Trump's is.

His hair on "The Apprentice" drives me up the wall. lol What is he
THINKING?

--
Cheryl

Old April 14th 04, 02:51 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Laura R. dumped this in
on 13 Apr 2004:

The entire top of his head
is even less lush than Donald Trump's is.

His hair on "The Apprentice" drives me up the wall. lol What is he
THINKING?

--
Cheryl

But it's the same as it's always been, AFAICT. I wish he'd trim it at the
nape of his neck!

I could get *really* OT & mention Omarosa... ;-)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old April 14th 04, 02:52 AM
Ryan Robbins

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Tue, 13 Apr 2004 05:59:05 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Ryan Robbins ) said,
it is perfectly acceptable to use the passive voice.

However, one should use passive voice sparingly.

In scientific and technical writing, passive voice is preferable to
active.

Sorry, but it isn't. In general, scientists and business people are not good
writers.

Old April 14th 04, 03:09 AM
Cheryl

"Cathy Friedmann" dumped this in
on 13 Apr 2004:

But it's the same as it's always been, AFAICT. I wish he'd trim it at
the nape of his neck!

I've never seen him animated like he is on that show.

--
Cheryl