Ringworm in cats question

Old November 12th 05, 12:24 AM

Default Ringworm in cats question

Just got back from a doctor's visit and the irritation on my arm has
turned out to be ringworm. Have an indoor only cat, 2years old dsh
that is showing no signs of lesions at all. If the cat is not showing
any signs I'm assumming he can still be infected with it, true? Is it
necessary to physically take him in or can I clip some fur and take
that in instead? Can't figure out how I got this, I have no other
animals and Georgie's never been outside in the 1 1/2 years I've had
him.
Old November 12th 05, 12:39 AM
Frank Pittel

Ringworm is a fungal infestation that is highly contagous. There is no reason
that you had to get it from your cat. You could in fact have gotten it anywhere.

Having had two cats with ringworm last year I found that a ringworm infestation
needs to be dealt with aggresivly. Let you vet know and he can give you the
lyme bath for your cats. I'm sure your doctor has given you medication for
yourself. Good luck!!

--

-------------------
Old November 12th 05, 06:39 PM

On 11 Nov 2005 17:24:12 -0800, "-L." wrote:

Did the doc culture it, or was it just a visual diagnosis? The reason
I ask is because I get eczema that mimics ringworm, sometimes, in the
winter.
-L.

No he didn't culture it and like yourself I suffer from eczema during
the winter.
Old November 14th 05, 03:11 AM

On 12 Nov 2005 15:27:17 -0800, "-L." wrote:

wrote:
On 11 Nov 2005 17:24:12 -0800, "-L." wrote:

Did the doc culture it, or was it just a visual diagnosis? The reason
I ask is because I get eczema that mimics ringworm, sometimes, in the
winter.

Actually how do you treat the exzema you get in the winter? Only
relief I've got is through oral steroids.