May be a mistake

Old February 7th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default May be a mistake

I just got 2 parakeets and my pussy is staking them. The first couple
days she was totally facinated. Today after a hours or so she went to
bed.

The birds might have been stressed. Won't get on my finger like
before.
Old February 7th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

James wrote:
I just got 2 parakeets and my pussy is staking them. The first couple
days she was totally facinated. Today after a hours or so she went to
bed.

The birds might have been stressed. Won't get on my finger like
before.

Possibly. The cat may be stressed also. Any new pet brought in and given
attention is bound to make a cat feel jealous.

Some good tips on easing the tension can be had at
http://birdsnways.com/wisdom/ww13evi.htm. HTH.
Old February 8th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

The birds probably won't perch on your finger right now because of the
cat. This is understandable. They know there is a predator around but
do not know that you will protect them from the predator.

We have kept birds and cats together for years. Eventually both come
to realize that the other is not going to be a threat.

In fact, sometimes the birds will actually flaunt themselves in front
of the cats... they come to feel so safe. It is pretty funny to see a
bird facing down a cat!

Of course, it is up to you to be absolutely sure your cat cannot get
to the birds... no jumping on cages and make sure all the doors to the
bird cage(s) are wired shut...

Cats are intelligent creatures and can sometimes figure out how to get
to a bird that you might think is perfectly safe. Make sure the bird
is very safe and away from where a cat might be able to jump on top of
the cage.
Old February 8th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"mc" wrote in message
The birds probably won't perch on your finger right now because of the
cat. This is understandable. They know there is a predator around but
do not know that you will protect them from the predator.

We have kept birds and cats together for years. Eventually both come
to realize that the other is not going to be a threat.

In fact, sometimes the birds will actually flaunt themselves in front
of the cats... they come to feel so safe. It is pretty funny to see a
bird facing down a cat!

I love this pictu

http://maxshouse.com/Gallery%20Pix/Benji%20&%20PJ%20-%20Karen%20Simpson's.jpg

Old February 9th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default My pussy stalking my parakeets. May be a mistake

Old February 9th 08, 09:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, James exclaimed (2/8/2008 3:06 AM):
I just got 2 parakeets and my pussy is staking them. The first couple
days she was totally facinated. Today after a hours or so she went to
bed.

The birds might have been stressed. Won't get on my finger like
before.

Me and my first cat Mouse moved in with my boyfriend (now hubby of
almost 20 years). She was fascinated by his two goldfish.

Within days, one of the goldfish was upside down

Coincidence?

jmc

the mentholatum mistake (sos) Camoose Cat health & behaviour 4 January 21st 07 02:57 AM
it's a mistake Pat Cat anecdotes 29 June 9th 06 10:27 PM
Only a *slight* mistake Pat Cat anecdotes 6 March 29th 06 05:15 AM
I Think I Made A Mistake Kris Croft Cat anecdotes 9 March 1st 04 10:59 PM
Tragic Mistake Mary Cat health & behaviour 184 November 18th 03 06:58 PM