meows constantly

Old December 22nd 04, 09:10 PM
Mary

wrote in message
ML, you must work for a vet or have arelative in the field? If you read
the post entirley I stated the CAT can hear and comes when called...he is
far from deaf or even a slight hearing problem.
I am not posting here to create a chat..ONLY to get answers.
Thanks to ALL that have replied and welcome more relative to topic.

My severely hyperthyroid cat vocalized all the time until
we got her treatment. As it turns out, excessive vocalization
is a sympton of hyperthyroid. Untreated HT is no big deal unless
you mind when your cat has a stroke.

Yet another reason why a vet
check is in order. Which is, by the way, an ANSWER and
probably the best one to your asinine question.

Old December 22nd 04, 11:31 PM
Sherry

It's the stinky feet syndrome. My cats love my
oldest leather shoes, the ones that have all the
really aged foot funk in them. They rub their
faces all over them, stick their heads in them,
totally blissing out. Now THAT has to be love.

Do yours do that slack-jawed thing, the thing where they drop their mouth open
when something's really smelly? Mine do. I go, for God's sakes. if you don't
like it get your face out of my shoes.

Sherry
Old December 22nd 04, 11:52 PM
KellyH

"Mary" wrote in message

My severely hyperthyroid cat vocalized all the time until
we got her treatment. As it turns out, excessive vocalization
is a sympton of hyperthyroid. Untreated HT is no big deal unless
you mind when your cat has a stroke.

While vocalizing is a symptom of hyperthyroid, that would be extremely
unlikely in a 10 month old cat.

Yet another reason why a vet
check is in order. Which is, by the way, an ANSWER and
probably the best one to your asinine question.

Why was his question asinine?

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old December 23rd 04, 12:26 AM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message

My severely hyperthyroid cat vocalized all the time until
we got her treatment. As it turns out, excessive vocalization
is a sympton of hyperthyroid. Untreated HT is no big deal unless
you mind when your cat has a stroke.

While vocalizing is a symptom of hyperthyroid, that would be extremely
unlikely in a 10 month old cat.

Yet another reason why a vet
check is in order. Which is, by the way, an ANSWER and
probably the best one to your asinine question.

Why was his question asinine?

--

Only one reason: because he asked it here first instead of at the vets
AND had no intention of taking the cat to the vet AND had a hissy

Old December 23rd 04, 04:26 AM
Laila

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:48:47 GMT,
wrote:

My 10 month old male cat meows constantly as he walks from room to room.
There are three cats in the home Chevy 10 month male, Sally 3 year female
siamese, and Bill 21 year old male. This cat is much like a dog as he
replies and or comes to me when his name is called. He listens to comands
such as stay away from food while bill eat's and come here. he also has a
fascination to anything Bob - shoes, shirts, pants. He sniffs them up like
is was cat nip then lays on them.
Any answers to -
1.Why does he meow constantly
2.Why does he like only my stuff not the wifes?
Thanks much and Happy Holidays to all :-)

he's probably just talking. Shaina usually doesn't make any noises
unless she wants to eat, or when we pick her up. the sound she makes
is "mme-a-a-a-aow". when she wants to play, though, she makes lots of
interesting purring/meowing like sounds to call us out to run around
with her. we also talk to her constantly, which must look weird to
other people.

-L
Old December 23rd 04, 08:12 AM
Ashley

"Sherry " wrote in message
It's the stinky feet syndrome. My cats love my
oldest leather shoes, the ones that have all the
really aged foot funk in them. They rub their
faces all over them, stick their heads in them,
totally blissing out. Now THAT has to be love.

Do yours do that slack-jawed thing, the thing where they drop their mouth
open
when something's really smelly? Mine do.

One of mine does

I go, for God's sakes. if you don't
like it get your face out of my shoes.

But you've got it wrong, Sherry. His jaw isn't open because he doesn't like
it, it's open because he's trying to taste it as well.

Old December 23rd 04, 04:31 PM

Some Cats talk more than others. Fatass whines in the morning before
she is fed...walks around merping and rowwwing and generally talks a
lot.

I appreciate the cautious cat lovers who suggest vet, but come on. "My
cat meows when he goes from room to room, I am real concerned, check
his blood!" WTF is that?

Bluesman

Old December 23rd 04, 06:39 PM
Mary

"Ashley" wrote in message

"Sherry " wrote in message
It's the stinky feet syndrome. My cats love my
oldest leather shoes, the ones that have all the
really aged foot funk in them. They rub their
faces all over them, stick their heads in them,
totally blissing out. Now THAT has to be love.

Do yours do that slack-jawed thing, the thing where they drop their

mouth
open
when something's really smelly? Mine do.

One of mine does

I go, for God's sakes. if you don't
like it get your face out of my shoes.

But you've got it wrong, Sherry. His jaw isn't open because he doesn't

like
it, it's open because he's trying to taste it as well.

I'm telling you, that is love!

Old December 23rd 04, 06:53 PM
Mary

wrote in message
ups.com...
Some Cats talk more than others. Fatass whines in the morning before
she is fed...walks around merping and rowwwing and generally talks a
lot.

I appreciate the cautious cat lovers who suggest vet, but come on. "My
cat meows when he goes from room to room, I am real concerned, check
his blood!" WTF is that?

Bluesman

I always thought it was cute that my cat howled whenever we
left the room then found out it was a symptom of
hyperthyroid, which might have killed her had I not
treated it. Excessive vocalization IS a good reason to
see a vet--even in the case of a 10-month-old who
would not be ht, anything might be going on.