Cat versus CD tower (fortunately empty)

Old August 22nd 05, 01:33 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default Cat versus CD tower (fortunately empty)

I got a wire CD tower from the skip 'recycling center' yesterday... i
put it in the spare room till i can clean it up and put my CDs in it -
at five o'clock in the morning there was a horrendous
SPROING!!!!!!!!!! followed by the skitter of kitty paws dashing into
our room and under the bed.
After waking in fright and saying 'WTF was THAT?!' I looked into the
room and saw that the CD tower was no longer vertical, and realised
that when it hit the tiles it had done an imitation of a giant tuning
fork, scaring the heck out of the cats (and me). I went back to bed
figuring that since there wasn't a stunned feline body lying under the
rack they were both fine.

By light of day this morning I could see that the rack was lying on
the floor - minus the little plastic packet of screws that had been
taped to the top (the last ownere never used them or removed them)...
that was halfway across the floor with toothmarks in it.
i figure that Silver noticed the plastic pouch and couldn't resist
trying to climb the 'tree' to get it. I hope she learnt her lesson!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Old August 22nd 05, 05:32 AM
Marina

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

at five o'clock in the morning there was a horrendous
SPROING!!!!!!!!!! followed by the skitter of kitty paws dashing into
our room and under the bed.

LOL!

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Old August 22nd 05, 02:17 PM
badwilson

LOL!
That reminds me of what happened this morning. It was about 8 am and
I was lying in bed with Vino meatloafing on my chest. I was slowly
waking up, in a calm zen-like state, when all of a sudden there was a
huge clatter from the bathroom. Vino jumped about 3 feet straight
into the air. Using my chest as a springboard. This is definitely
hard on the boobies! I was clutching my chest and trying to get out
of bed and check on what had happened. I soon saw that one of my
painted fish, which I've got stuck to the tile bathroom walls with
suction cup hooks, had fallen off. Oooops! I had to go back to bed
and lie down for a bit until my heart stopped beating and my boobs
stopped hurting. Vino assumed a guarding postion at the foot of the
bed, facing towards the door.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old August 23rd 05, 03:30 AM
Gabey8

ROTFLOL! OMG, the poor kitties and poor you, but OH! That was funny!

I can empathize. Captain and Stanley have a cylindrical, carpet-covered
tower that they like to sit on when they look out the window. (The
windowsills in this house are all too narrow for a cat to sit on, which is
why we got the tower in the first place.)

Said pair of hoolicats like to play King of the Tower and wrestle while
sitting on top of it. Considering that there's just barely enough space
for them to sit side-by-side atop the tower, if they get too vigorous
while roughing one another up, the tower WILL overbalance.

It will then land on the floor with a surprisingly loud BOOM.

Fortunately, neither cat has had the tower land ON him, on the two or
three occasions that it's keeled over under duress. The worst that's
happened is that the cats have had to retreat, full-speed, with fully
puffed stripey tails trailing behind them... and then they've had to put
up with the indignity of having a Meowmy who can't quite keep herself from
giggling out loud.

Poor Captain and Stanley. But I do notice that they're never deterred from
wrestling for long. They just avoid playing King of the Tower... for a
while, anyway. ;o)

Donna, Captain, and Stanley