Well THAT didn't work for long...

Old March 23rd 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Well THAT didn't work for long...

Tessie climbed up the cat tree to eat her lunch...
Silver saw her and decided to have a go herself.
Silver made it to the first level of the cat tree with no worries.
Silver reached up to the second tier of the cat tree and sharpened her
claws...
Silver decided it was too much like hard work to climb up and sat on
the second tier to rest.
Tessie saw Silver sitting there and tried to pounce her ears.
Silver took objection.
They wrestled... loudly.
The next thirty seconds shall be left to your imagination...
But here is a picture of the end result.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315KBiHps

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315ktbUlR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315Szjcdt

Old March 23rd 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
Tessie climbed up the cat tree to eat her lunch...
Silver saw her and decided to have a go herself.
Silver made it to the first level of the cat tree with no worries.
Silver reached up to the second tier of the cat tree and sharpened her
claws...
Silver decided it was too much like hard work to climb up and sat on
the second tier to rest.
Tessie saw Silver sitting there and tried to pounce her ears.
Silver took objection.
They wrestled... loudly.
The next thirty seconds shall be left to your imagination...
But here is a picture of the end result.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315KBiHps

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315ktbUlR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315Szjcdt

LOL, I had an idea of what was coming when I saw the header, we can never
outwit our cats. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 23rd 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-23, Karen AKA Kajikit penned:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315KBiHps

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315ktbUlR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315Szjcdt

Too funny!

Er, I mean, how awful for you ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 23rd 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:28:36 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2006-03-23, Karen AKA Kajikit penned:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315KBiHps

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315ktbUlR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315Szjcdt

Too funny!

Er, I mean, how awful for you ...

I know! I let the cats at it for five minutes and then they lost
interest in playing vacuum cleaner, so I sat down on the little
footstool and picked up as much kibble as I could and put it back in
the bowl. Thank goodness for small mercies - I did NOT put the brand
new 'holds a weeks worth of kitten food' dispenser up there because it
was too big and I had a nasty feeling it would be hitting the floor
sooner rather than later! I just used a disposable plastic bowl with
two days worth of kibble in it, and Tessie had eaten half of that
already. So there wasn't nearly as much mess as their might have been.

An hour later I went out there and there wasn't a grain of kibble to
be seen on the floor, even in the corner I couldn't reach! Somebody
polished it off for me

I put the kibble bowl back on the dresser and I'll just have to keep
an eye out for Silver jumping up there... if I catch her up there too
many times I'll have to start having 'feeding time' but I'd really
rather not do that - either they're all free-feeding or they're all
restricted. It's not fair to them to discriminate.
Old March 23rd 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message

Thank goodness for small mercies - I did NOT put the brand
new 'holds a weeks worth of kitten food' dispenser up there because it
was too big and I had a nasty feeling it would be hitting the floor
sooner rather than later!///

I have a "holds a 2kg bag of kibble and feeds 5 cats for a week" feeder.
Yup, you guessed it. I dropped it walking up the stairs just after it
had been refilled.....

I'm still finding bits of kibble under furniture 2 weeks later!!

Helen m

Old March 23rd 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-23 12:01:29 -0600, Karen AKA Kajikit said:

Tessie climbed up the cat tree to eat her lunch... Silver saw her and
decided to have a go herself. Silver made it to the first level of the
cat tree with no worries.
Silver reached up to the second tier of the cat tree and sharpened her
claws...
Silver decided it was too much like hard work to climb up and sat on
the second tier to rest.
Tessie saw Silver sitting there and tried to pounce her ears. Silver
took objection.
They wrestled... loudly.
The next thirty seconds shall be left to your imagination...
But here is a picture of the end result.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315KBiHps

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315ktbUlR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315Szjcdt

OMG! I LAUGHED SOOOOO HARD!!!! ROFL!!!!

Old March 24th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Good kitties! Good kitties! Cleaning up! (When this happens in my
house, we have to call in the reserves-- the dog, who is quite happy to
clean kibbles off the floor, or wet cat food that went "splat" upside
down.)

Cantate (and Cherry, Chibi, Jona and Emma)

Old March 24th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 23 Mar 2006 18:34:25 -0800, "Cantate" wrote:

Good kitties! Good kitties! Cleaning up! (When this happens in my
house, we have to call in the reserves-- the dog, who is quite happy to
clean kibbles off the floor, or wet cat food that went "splat" upside
down.)

Cantate (and Cherry, Chibi, Jona and Emma)

At least they cleaned up after themselves... I just hope Silver
doesn't decide to do it again so she can have a legal snack!
Old March 24th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cantate wrote:
Good kitties! Good kitties! Cleaning up! (When this happens in my
house, we have to call in the reserves-- the dog, who is quite happy to
clean kibbles off the floor, or wet cat food that went "splat" upside
down.)

Cantate (and Cherry, Chibi, Jona and Emma)

That's how it works here, too. If one of the kitty dishes has an
unexpected "floor encounter", Scooter (LH Chihuahua) is more than happy
to offer her services as floor cleaner.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe