Fences - Cats - DIY?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 31st 12, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.pets.cats,rec.gardens,misc.consumers.house
chaniarts[_2_]

Default Fences - Cats - DIY?

On 10/30/2012 1:41 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
Rick wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 20:54:21 -0700, "David E. Ross"
wrote:

On 10/27/12 5:40 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
Bob F wrote:
dgk wrote:
On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:59:00 -0400, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

Gas Bag wrote:

She wants to stop her cats getting out, and other cats getting
in. To any cat "lovers" out there, my friend isn't getting rid
of her cats, nor is she trapping/baiting any of the cats in her
suburb.

Anyone who cares about their cats doesn't let them out.

Like most absolute statements, that's nonsense. Cats enjoy being
outdoors and if we really care about our cats we want them to be
happy. Safe counts but so does happy.

And neighbor's love cat poop in their spinach.

Spinach gets lots of poop on it, from birds and other animals. If
you grow veggies, you better wash them before you eat them. Cats
are naturally wild animals. Like Elsa. they were "born free".
Keeping them inside is like keeping a bird in a cage. It keeps them
alive, but what is their quality of life? For me, quality beats
quantity in almost evry case.

The quality of my own life depends on not having new plants dug up
by a cat for a toilet because it found the soil there soft and
easily dug.

Cats aren't too big a problem in my garden, but a group of feral cats
has really played Hobb with the wild turkey population on one of the
tracts. Coyotes seem to keep them thinned in the warmer months and I
suspect winter is hard on them as they don't seem to migrate. I hope
they all succumb this year so I don't have to try and deal with it.

The wild turkeys around here are much too large to interest any house
cat. Also, I have never seen a house cat team up with another house cat
to accomplish anything. Cats are the ultimate loners and don't, "team
up" I also will take this opportunity to suggest that anyone who grows
anything outside has to worry about bird poop as well as a myriad of
other harmful insects and animals, and shouled wash all his veggies
thouroughly before eating them. It doesn't matter whether he is washing
off cat or bird poop, as long as he washes it off, and ( preferably)
cooks everything before eating it.

lion prides in the wild cooperate in hunting all the time.