tried everything for Yowling

Old September 21st 03, 11:20 PM
KellyH

It'a possible that your kitty could be going deaf. Sometimes when cats are
going deaf, they vocalize a lot, just like people who are hard of hearing
sometimes talk too loud. She also could be going a little senile. Yes, 13
is early old age for a cat, but I think it could be possible. My cat, who
was 13 when she passed away, used to do what I would call "pinging" me. She
would wander around the house yowling, waiting for me to answer. I would
say "over here!" and she would follow my voice till she found me. She would
be quiet while she was with me.

Would it be possible to keep food, water, and litterbox in your bedroom at
night? You could just keep her in the bedroom with the door closed all
night, so she doesn't wander too far and forget where you are.

If you can afford it at all, I think a checkup with the vet would be a good
idea. She should have a senior blood panel run just to rule out things like
hyperthyroid, kidney failure, liver problems, etc.

Good luck!
--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

"Ensoul100" wrote in message
its not new, but it's worse

I have used feliway

gotten new toys and rotate them, play with her several times a

day,,,making
sure to do longer session in evening

she's always feed before we go bed, has both dry and canned food & fresh

water

Sam is given lots of loving

keep a light and a radio all night, mind you we live in small one floor 2

bdrm
apartment
she can go outside on the balcony as she pleases, but no outside at all

I have ignored it

I have thrown things at her and yelled NO (I never hit her with an

object)
she's not close enough to use the water bottle thing

I'll call her into bedroom give her some loving, she settles at the end

bed for
a few hrs...takes off and it begins all over again

Sam is 13 or 14, spayed...still very active

healthy, she eats well, coat is great shape, litter box no problems,

curoius as
hell
friendly

but the damn yowling...I've never heard a cat louder...she sounds like

she's in
heat and yowling into a megaphone

does it on and off during the day

its the night time thing....as in every night we get waken up several

times

live in rural area there only 3 vets....all want total payment up front
I have posted before....SPCA says there are no programs to help w/Vet

unless
animal is severally sick as in life threatning

are income is very limited, hubby on SSI due to cancer
living with the yowling....he truly needs his sleep as do I

at my wits end, love her dearly but need sleep

the neighbors have even complained....since goes out on the balcony and

yowls!

ensoul

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes

wondered
whose it was and whether they were enjoying it
~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Old September 22nd 03, 12:53 AM
MacCandace

Sam is 13 or 14, spayed...still very active

It could be hyperthyroidism which, unfortunatley, can only be diagnosed with
bloodwork. Once diagnosed, it can be treated inexpensively with tapazole.
Actually, untreated hyperthyroidism is definitely life-threatening.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace