Your opinion please. My upcoming holiday

Old September 28th 03, 09:32 PM
MacCandace

I've read of many horrendous airline experiences and yet I've seen
many pets travel in the airplane too. My will have to be in the cargo section.

I would not take her if she has to fly in cargo. How do you know you can't
have her in the cabin with you? At any rate, I definitely would not let her
fly in cargo.

Question: Should I bring her or leave her at home with a month's supply of
food.

And that doesn't sound like a good idea either. You mean just leave a month's
worth of food out and hope she's okay? You need to have someone to check on
her everyday if you do that. Don't you have a friend/neighbor who you can pay
to check in on her?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old September 28th 03, 11:09 PM
Kuisse0002

Thank you for all your replies.

The hols are still some months away so I will start looking for a sitter.

Thanks again
Old September 28th 03, 11:09 PM
Kuisse0002

Old September 28th 03, 11:09 PM
Kuisse0002

Old September 29th 03, 09:01 AM
-L.

"Thomas F. Maguire" wrote in message ...
MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in message
I now have two cats, and I left my cats in my house when I traveled for

two
weeks this summer. However, I hired a pet-sitter to come in twice a day

feed them and also spend some time playing with them. That turned out to

be
ideal because the pet-sitter I located loves cats and gave them plenty of
time. It eliminated the problem of a frightened cat being taken into a

new
environment for a limited period of time. Would that be a possibility for
you? If so, I think this would be the better solution. Be sure to get a
sitter who will spend time with your cat every day and who will make
occasional phone calls to you to report on the situation. And make
arrangements with your vet for your cat's care if an emergency arises and
the sitter has to take the cat in for veterinary care.

Good luck! And have a great vacation.

MaryL

Out of curiousity (and the fact that I'm going to have a cat-sitter for my
one cat for five days while I'm away), how much did you pay your sitter. I'm
trying to set a fair price.

Thanks,
Tom

FWIW, cat sitters on the west coast get a minimum of $15/visit.
Sometimes if they come 2X/day, they give you a cut on the second
visit. I currently pay $22.50/day - 2 visits - in Portland.
-L.

Old September 29th 03, 07:59 PM
Karen M.

-L. wrote:

[...]

Hey, I didn't know you lived in Portland!