"Bruver" - Question re lonely outdoor kitten/cat - re maMA, Loki and Rexie (for reference) - sorry , longish

Old June 20th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default "Bruver" - Question re lonely outdoor kitten/cat - re maMA, Loki and Rexie (for reference) - sorry , longish

"Shirley B." wrote in news:tVqlg.660$J6.493
:

Pix of "Bruver": http://tinyurl.com/jwvph

WOW! What a stunner!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old June 20th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
I know. I wish wish wish he would grow to trust his peoples and come in and
have friends. He's possibly the most stunning cat I've ever seen.

Can you just imagine what he would look like with a clean warm bed, three
squares a day and a thorough brushing?

He is already gorgeous.

Jo

Old June 20th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:48:44 -0700, "Shirley B."
wrote:

THE PROBLEM/QUESTION: maMA has obviously distanced herself from Bruver. She
hears him cry for her on the porch, but isn't interested. Bruver is lonely
and he'll sit out there and cry, even looking in the window. But he'll
eventually (after an hour) settle down and either wander a bit or go to
sleep in the little house.

Is this behavior on maMA's part normal? I think she's just tired of being a
mommy. After all, had I not had her spayed, she'd have had her third litter
at just over a year old!

And is it normal for him to still be so attached to her? There really aren't
that many cats in the neighborhood except one that comes and bugs Bruver
occasionally.

Any advice, hints would be preciated.

What a magnificent cat! What a shame that he hasn't learnt to trust
yet... it sounds like all you can do is to feed him and give him his
safe place outside and let him be. With enough time, maybe he'll get
used to you enough to be tamed - look at what Christina achieved with
Boyfriend and KFC!
Old June 20th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo, hi. I keep telling maMA to tell him to let me get at him. I'd love to
comb that coat. Poor little thing loses clumps of hair in the little house
and on the porch. I know he's shedding the winter coat, but he'd feel so
much better if I could get in there and pull the mats out !!

--
ShirleyB, Rexie and Loki's Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
Pictures of Bruver: http://tinyurl.com/f5jrq

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

"Trying to make a way out of No way is sometimes the only way"
Dr. Johnetta B. Cole

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
.com...

Old June 21st 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote:
Someone else suggested KFC to woo him with, I would
*definitely* give that a try!

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
With enough time, maybe he'll get used to you enough to be
tamed - look at what Christina achieved with Boyfriend and KFC!

I have to watch the context carefully in this thread so that I know
what "KFC" means.

Old June 21st 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shirley B. wrote:

I'm assuming it means Kentucky Fried Chicken??

Well in Christina's (AKA Tweed) case, KFC stands for Kitty Farm Cat.
KFC didn't have a name, and so far as I know, Britain doesn't have a
Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet (man, I hope we didn't do that to you
people) within it's borders.

Pam S.
Old June 21st 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shirley B. wrote:

I'm assuming it means Kentucky Fried Chicken??

In one of the cases, yes. In the other, it means Kitty Farm Cat.
Not to be confusing or anything...

- Joyce

Kentucky Friend! Kentucky Fried!!

- Smudge & Roxy

Kitty Farm Cat! Kitty Farm Cat!!

- Licky
Old June 21st 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tanada wrote:
Shirley B. wrote:

I'm assuming it means Kentucky Fried Chicken??

Well in Christina's (AKA Tweed) case, KFC stands for Kitty Farm Cat.
KFC didn't have a name, and so far as I know, Britain doesn't have a
Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet (man, I hope we didn't do that to you
people) within it's borders.

Pam S.

Are you kidding? Of course there's KFC in Britain. I've never been
there but can absolutely guarantee it. KFC is everywhere. You wouldn't
believe how many there were in Thailand, almost as many as 7/11's. They
are in over 80 countries. In fact, the only countries I've ever been in
that *didn't* have KFC are Laos and Burma.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness