Depression from my cats death

Old January 25th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

Default Depression from my cats death

On Jan 25, 8:10*am, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:22:09 -0500, "Matt"

wrote:

"dgk"

Do you really care what the Nazi sexual repressed POS has to say *kill file
him and move on. Sometimes he is fun to mess with but in the long run *you
have to ask your self *DO YOU REALLY CARE WHAT THAT FREAK HAS TO SAY. *I
sure the hell don't and have the POS kill filed

It's just so that other folks know what he is. He gets his thrills
from hurting other people, so I just want to explain what he is about.

See..... You got nothing to say... Nothing. Can't even back up your
flimsy little claim (as if that were something new).

IBen Getiner
Old January 25th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

wrote:

"dgk"

Do you really care what the Nazi sexual repressed POS has to say *kill
file
him and move on. Sometimes he is fun to mess with but in the long run *you
have to ask your self *DO YOU REALLY CARE WHAT THAT FREAK HAS TO SAY. *I
sure the hell don't and have the POS kill filed

It's just so that other folks know what he is. He gets his thrills
from hurting other people, so I just want to explain what he is about.

Dgk * you can do that with out responding to him. *If someone is stupid
enough to pay attention to what he has to say than there is no helping them.
I know of no post that it was only him saying his usually POS *in all these
years that someone did not respond with something of a correct answer to get
the person straight information- Hide quoted text -

Man... your writing skills are terrible. Where do you come from...?
Inner Mongolia..??

IBen
Old January 25th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jan 25, 4:49�pm, wrote:
On Jan 23, 6:42�am, wrote:

I just lost my Cat, she was a siamese but looked more tonkanese to me,
named Kiki. My mom bought her for me when I had just finished the
first grade, so I was around 6 years old. I am now about to turn 28
and she has been with me the entire time, amazing when I reflect on
it, she was around 21. She started showing some serious problems at
the beginning of 2007, having her first seizure, she had 3 more up to
her death, yesterday, January 22nd. When a cats health goes, it goes
fast, I remember before that first seizure I thought she would be
around until she was 30 years old. Her health got seriously bad in
December, she started having labored breathing and barely ate and had
lost a lot of weight. The vet said she may have cancer or heart
failure and told me she probably only had a couple weeks to live, he
also told me multiple tests were unneccessary on a cat of her age and
would hurt more than help. She actually lived about 4 or 5 weeks since
that visit to the vet. In the last two days she completely stopped
eating and barely had enough power to walk, Monday night I decided I
would put her down on Tuesday. Yesterday(Tuesday) upon waking I saw
her and she now couldnt stand, she seemed at peace just laying, I
talked to her, she basically went from walking normal and hopping on a
recliner with me to unable to stand in a matter of a few days. I
decided to take her in to the vet and as I was in the waiting room
holding her in a towel I talked to her and she took a couple deep
breathes then just stopped breathing, her eyes wide open, she died. I
believe she was scared, she was always scared when I took her to the
vet, I think its possible the stress finally was too much for her to
take, I noticed she urinated in the towel. The vet came in checked her
heart and told me she was dead, so I didnt have to euthanize her, I
kind of wish I just sat with her at home until she died, but who knows
if she would have died at the same time.

Now I am extremely depressed, I did not think it would be this hard
once she died, but it is pretty devastating. I do not feel like doing
anything, I go to the gym almost everynight and last night I was
supposed to but just dont feel like it, I dont know when I will feel
like getting back to normalcy. I have the week off work for other
reasons but I would have probably took today off if I was supposed to
work. I looked through a bunch of pictures picking her's out last
night, it was emotional for me. It's hard because I live by myself and
the one thing I always had with me no matter what was her, when I look
down and she's not there its hard. She is being cremated today and I
still have to figure out what I am going to do with her ashes. I'm
hoping expressing my feelings here will help me to get over this hump
and move on, I dont really care if anyone reads it, no replies are
neccessary. Im sure she wouldnt want me this sad but it's like losing
one of your best friends you have known for 20+ years. I looked
through her pictures and actually was able to crack a smile earlier,
so I believe time is about the only thing to make myself feel better.
For those who have lost a beloved pet I now know what it is like to
feel your pain, it is no fun. Bye Kiki, or hopefully I will see you
later.

I feel your loss...I lost my beautiful orange tabby "Jake" on Jan.
7th. �All it takes is for me to start thinking about him and I start
to cry. �I miss him so much and my other kitties miss him too. �It's
been a hard few weeks for us but I think we're finally starting to
adjust. �I keep reaching for him in bed and he's not there to pet and
love anymore and it breaks my heart. �Anyway, enough of me. �I just
wanted you to know that I'm right there with you while we mourn our
losses.

Debbie- Hide quoted text -

Im sorry for your loss, I am starting to adjust as well. Im finding
myself thinking more about the around 20 years of good memories
instead of the less than a year of bad ones. I still get sad, but it
has only been 3-4 days, I think with the more time, the better I will
feel. The first day or two after the death I was thinking "how the
hell am I going to get by feeling like this", but you just have to
deal with it, and it is tough, but gets better.
Old January 25th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Baldoni[_6_]

dgk formulated the question :
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 02:52:06 -0800 (PST), IBen Getiner
wrote:

I know how you feel, Glov. ..

IBen Getiner

No actually, you don't. You don't have real feelings. You're a
sociopath. For anyone who wonders how anyone can write what IBen does,
please look at this:

http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~mcafee/Bin/sb.html

He has a point though and though I would hate to lose a pet there are
worse things that can happen in life and the OP would be helped better
if this was put into perspective.

I give to the OP the following example of how people have to pul
themselves together and carry on.

Sir Galahad (L3005) was the name of a LSL (landing ship logistic)
belonging to the Royal Fleet Auxiliary, part of the British fleet. She
was a 3,270 ton LSL built by Stephens and launched in 1966. She could
carry 340 troops comfortably or 534 in austere conditions. Beaching
cargo capacity was 340 tons, and could include 16 tanks, 34 mixed
vehicles, 120 tons of petroleum produce and 30 tons of ammunition.
Landing craft could be carried in place of lifeboats, but unloading was
mainly handled by three cranes.

Galahad was active during the Falklands War. On May 24, 1982 in San
Carlos Water she was attacked by A-4Bs of the Argentine Air Force (FAA)
and was hit by one 1000 pound bomb which did not detonate and strafed
in a following wave of attack aircraft. On June 8 in Bluff Cove,
together with Sir Tristram, she was hit again by two or three bombs and
was very badly damaged, while unloading soldiers from the 1st Welsh
Guards. 48 were killed in the explosions and subsequent fire. Later the
hulk was towed out to sea and sunk by HMS Onyx (S21); it is now an
official war grave, designated as a protected place under the
Protection of Military Remains Act.

A significant proportion of the fatalities (32 out of the 48 dead) were
from the Welsh Guards. See Casualties of the Battle of Bluff Cove for
further details.

Guardsman Simon Weston, was among the survivors of the attack on Sir
Galahad. He suffered 49% burns and his story has been widely reported
in numerous television and newspaper coverage. 10 years after Sir
Galahad was sunk, Mr Weston was awarded the OBE.

Other units affected include 3 Troop (of 20 Field Squadron, 36 Engineer
Regiment) which was temporarily attached to 9 Independent Parachute
Squadron Royal Engineers and was being transported on the Galahad to
provide engineering support following the landings. Engineers feature
prominently in contemporary footage showing two whalers landing
survivors, with Captain Foxley (commander of 3 Troop) directing the
rowers and Sapper Parslow being one of the first men to jump out to
pull the boats on shore. 3 Troop comprised approximately 40 men and
lost 2 dead and about 10 wounded in the attack on the Galahad.

--
Count Baldoni

Old January 25th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Baldoni[_6_]

on 23/01/2008, supposed :
[...]

Sorry about the loss of your cat Kiki. But it is time to move on now
old boy and look to the future. No good can come of going over this
and if this troubles you further then do not be embarrassed about
seeing a counselor.

If I were you though I would grit your teeth and plod on. Give another
cat a good home.

--
Count Baldoni

Old January 26th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ElvisRocks

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. It is so hard and we never have them
long enough, do we? My heart goes out to you. Give yourself time to heal
and then think about being a catparent again. There are so many babies out
there who need loving people like we are.
Carol

Old January 26th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ElvisRocks

Debbie - So sorry for your loss of Jake. I have lost 3 cats and my husband
in 5 years. I know how hard it is. Hugs, Carol

Old January 28th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jan 26, 1:08*pm, "ElvisRocks" wrote:
Debbie - So sorry for your loss of Jake. *I have lost 3 cats and my husband

Thank you Carol, it helps to know that others can share your pain.
Hugs back to you.
Old January 28th 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

I, too, am very sorry about your loss. It sounds to me like you are
coping just fine (as well as can be expected - in a very normal way)
and it is really encouraging and heartening to find so many people
posting and trying to help. I mean, the cat was with you for over
twenty years. I think sometimes they are almost as close to us as
other humans. It is not really the same, but it can be pretty close.
In those twenty years the two of you shared many experiences, like
snuggling up together and playing. Animals can give us so much joy. Of
course you are going to grieve for the loss of a friend.

I liked the response from the person who said part of the sorrow must
be because we cannot talk to other cats about our loss. I liked that
post :-)

My husband and I adopted a stray cat many years ago. Her name was
Tramp. We loved her so much. She was just a plain ordinary gray and
white tabby but we got so much joy from her. She was a bit on the wild
side when we got her but we watched her over the years bloom into a
wonderful house cat. It took her about two years to feel comfortable
enough to sleep in our bed with us at night and then she always laid
by our feet. She got more confident to where she started playing...
she played more as as an adult I think she did as a young cat. She was
always so overly cautious in the beginning. We think she never learned
how to play as a youth because she was probably on her own defending
herself in the wild. That is probably a hopelessly romanticized view
of her life before she found us... But she was very, very special.

When I think of her I still get a little teary eyed. I am not sure
why. Even though we have other special animals in our lives, and
special people, I can honestly say I still miss her and it has been a
few years now. No other cat will ever take that special place in our
hearts.

You will always be glad you kept the pictures and albums of your kitty
friend. I liked that post, too, from the woman who suggested making an
album with the pictures to give yourself some closure.

My thoughts are with you ;-) Take care ;-)
Old January 30th 08, 08:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

On Jan 23, 6:42 am, wrote:

[...]

I dunno how this thread got into a hot discussion of who likes or
dislikes
IBG (as he says anyway, who cares?) but AFAIC he's got just as much
right to post here as anyone else; no need to agree w/him....I see no
big deal.

Thank you for seeing the lite of day, hopy

IBG

This post is for Glov deep in the loss of old kitty...trying to ease
your
grief and guilt a bit,I believe her death was not from taking her to
TED,
but just a coincidence because you were at vet's when the moment
finally came.I have had old cats die at home with me and it is pretty
much the same with all....they usually stop breathing....then just
like
hoomins, in a few minutes the heart slows and finally stops. Since
all of my cats for a long time have all been "throwaways" or strays, I
have no idea how old they really are....but my old cats - when the
time comes- first stop eating, then drinking...then just lay around
for a couple days till Bast takes them home. There are many in the
backyard of my FL former home (but of course one doesn't tell the
real estate agent about that) and even poor old Sylvie sleeps in my
son's backyard where he put her for me (a new experience for me
and wierd to me was that because she died 2 days before Valentine's
Day, 2005 the ground was frozen hard and impossible to bury her
then; she remained covered and sheltered on his back porch as
that remained just like an openair freezer till the ground thawed
during one of the nastiest (remember I am not a Coloradan and to
me snow/ice is a big PITA).....I wanted as a former hospital worker
who had seen hoomin death many times in 30 years doing that
that bowel and bladder control is often lost during or immediately
after death and I see no reason cats would differ from us that way
so please don't take it to heart that she did too....your pain will
lessen slowly and gradually over time and I've found that honoring
your kitty by taking home another cat from your local shelter
has been helpful for me,especially an older or disabled cat which
adopters generally don't want. My Rowdous, age 8, is blind in his
left eye from a cruel act when he was a helpless kitten; he will
live out his life with me (mine all are indoor only) as my biggest,
baddest, 19-pounder. Petloss.com may also help you, try it.- Hide quoted text -