Boyfriend had an alarming day

Old October 22nd 15, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend had an alarming day

I had a builder in today to do some repairs to the outside of my house. So
when he rang the bell at 8.40 to say he'd arrived., Boyfie was immediately
up the stairs to his bedroom. Unfortunately when Boyfie thought it was safe
to come downstairs again, the builder rang the bell again for some water -
so he shot upstairs again. So Boyfie came downstairs once again a bit
later, and this time the builder wanted his electricity plugged in.. so I
allowed Boyfie to flee to the hills.
Anyway all is well. My house is repaired and Boyfie is back from the hills.
Shortly I need to get some tree surgeons in. I have far too many trees.
But I will leave his special one that he likes to exercise his claws on.
It's an elder and should be taken out but hey, he loves that particular
tree.
So he will get to keep it.

Tweed

Old October 24th 15, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 14:36:03 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:

Sootie's the same when people come to the house. If she's on the sofa,
she'll wait until they come into the sitting room then jump down from the
sofa, stretch and go to the patio door to be let out. Luckily my friends
don't take offence. If she's upstairs she will stay there for a while then
come down and, ignoring the visitors, will walk briskly to the door. Then
when she wants to come back inside, she will either not come in but sit
looking in or come in and again ignoring the visitors, will walk through
the sitting room and go upstairs. Occasionally she will go onto someone's
lap, always a cat person, but only very occasionally and only for a few
minutes but they feel honoured.

GLyN doesn't like most other people, until he's been fed by them,
hopefully several times.

With most visitors, he'll take off quickly as soon as he THINKS someone
is coming in, but there are a few people he knows well, and will tolerate.

I had one guest that he took to right away, that was a man who has 3
cats of his own, I guess GLyN could smell that and thought if other
cats accepted him, he could as well.

Old October 24th 15, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

Cat adventures! Buffy isn't quite as timid about the doorbell as Persia
(and Boyfie) but she's still not a big fan when someone rings the bell
or knocks on the door. I'm glad you got the repairs done and also that
Boyfie will get to keep his special tree.

Jill
Old October 24th 15, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

It's difficult to know whether I've done him a favour by adopting him into a
very quiet house or whether it would have been better for him to have gone
elsewhere into a more noisy home where he would have to have learned to be
less timid.
But I *think* I did the right thing. He knows Claire & June very well, they
have fed and looked after him for weeks, months even but even so, he is
still afraid if they visit and races up the stairs to his bedroom if they
visit. So I guess he's non-adaptable with seeing strangers that even aren't
strangers.
Wait until he sees the tree surgeons :-( he won't dare to go out.
Tweed

Old October 24th 15, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I recently had to have my air conditioning repaired. The technician had
to go in and out of the house over a period of hours. When he was in
the house most of the time Buffy hid under the sofa. After he'd been up
in the attic for a while she ventured out and looked around.

She was completely amazed there is a set of steps (a folding ladder on a
trap door) that come down from the hall ceiling. She ran off again when
he came down. Long after he was gone, she kept walking around that
hallway, looking for those steps. Where did they go? Magic steps? She
didn't let me sleep that night. She was pretty worked up, as if she
thought someone might still be in the house, perhaps up in the attic.
Cats. Gotta love 'em

Jill
Old October 25th 15, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
I had a builder in today to do some repairs to the outside of my house.
So when he rang the bell at 8.40 to say he'd arrived., Boyfie was
immediately up the stairs to his bedroom. Unfortunately when Boyfie
thought it was safe to come downstairs again, the builder rang the bell
again for some water - so he shot upstairs again. So Boyfie came
downstairs once again a bit later, and this time the builder wanted
his electricity plugged in.. so I allowed Boyfie to flee to the hills.
Anyway all is well. My house is repaired and Boyfie is back from the
hills. Shortly I need to get some tree surgeons in. I have far too many
trees. But I will leave his special one that he likes to exercise his
claws on. It's an elder and should be taken out but hey, he loves that
particular tree. So he will get to keep it.

Tweed

Poor Boyfie.

Sootie's the same when people come to the house. If she's on the sofa,
she'll wait until they come into the sitting room then jump down from the
sofa, stretch and go to the patio door to be let out. Luckily my friends
don't take offence. If she's upstairs she will stay there for a while then
come down and, ignoring the visitors, will walk briskly to the door. Then
when she wants to come back inside, she will either not come in but sit
looking in or come in and again ignoring the visitors, will walk through
the sitting room and go upstairs. Occasionally she will go onto someone's
lap, always a cat person, but only very occasionally and only for a few
minutes but they feel honoured.

Judith

Sootie seems to accept some visitors so it seems that she is disdainful
rather than timid. Tigger, Claire's cat, ignores me, he considers himself
far too regal to take any notice when I speak to him. He blanks me.
I remind him that he was found in a box of kittens abandoned at the side of
the road so he's not so posh ;-)

Tweed