Facebook

Old October 9th 13, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Facebook

I finally bit the bullet and created an account.

I've been patient as my employers advised against it for anyone working in a
frontline childcare team, and to wait quite a long time after you left, so
it will be three years on 31 October. Should be OK now ;-)

OMG, it looks very complicated and I might need some guidance here, folks.
I probably need a few people to friend me.

I couldn't find any of my previous colleagues (not surprising) and although
my aunt is on facebook and I sent a friend request, she might not know how
to - that seems to have generated all sorts of suggestions of "people you
might know." most of which I don't.

I am sure I will get the hang of it with a bit of help.
BTW, this does not mean I won't be posting as usual to rspca. Fortunately
or unfortunately, YVMV g
I've wanted to join Facebook for years and I know it might have seemed I was
totally against it, I wasn't.

Tweed

Old October 9th 13, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_9_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I've "friended you", and yes it will take a bit of getting used to. But
I think you'll like it, eventually. We can control who posts unlike
here, which is nice. Just don't expect to learn it all in one day and
you'll be fine

Bobble (my real name on FB is A.... B.....)
Old October 9th 13, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
I finally bit the bullet and created an account.

Better you than me!

I've wanted to join Facebook for years and I know it might have seemed I was
totally against it, I wasn't.

Tweed

I AM "totally against it"! It may be different in the UK, but in the
U.S. I've read too many horror stories about identity theft. Never mind
the loss of privacy involved in posting personal info where literally
ANYONE can read it!)
Old October 9th 13, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

I finally bit the bullet and created an account.

I've been patient as my employers advised against it for anyone working in a
frontline childcare team, and to wait quite a long time after you left, so
it will be three years on 31 October. Should be OK now ;-)

OMG, it looks very complicated and I might need some guidance here, folks.
I probably need a few people to friend me.

I couldn't find any of my previous colleagues (not surprising) and although
my aunt is on facebook and I sent a friend request, she might not know how
to - that seems to have generated all sorts of suggestions of "people you
might know." most of which I don't.

(snip)

Tweed

That's why I don't like Facebook. Just because I know one person
doesn't mean I know everyone they know. The email notifications I
finally got turned off. Then they changed the program and I started
getting them again. I gave up. Good Luck!

Jill

Old October 9th 13, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

There are some people I know, from rspca years ago so should I try to friend
them?
|Maybe they would lke to hear from me, but perhaps they wouldn't.
Tweed

Old October 9th 13, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I finally bit the bullet and created an account.

I've been patient as my employers advised against it for anyone working
in a
frontline childcare team, and to wait quite a long time after you left,
so
it will be three years on 31 October. Should be OK now ;-)

OMG, it looks very complicated and I might need some guidance here,
folks.
I probably need a few people to friend me.

I couldn't find any of my previous colleagues (not surprising) and
although
my aunt is on facebook and I sent a friend request, she might not know
how
to - that seems to have generated all sorts of suggestions of "people
you
might know." most of which I don't.

(snip)

Tweed

That's why I don't like Facebook. Just because I know one person doesn't
mean I know everyone they know. The email notifications I finally got
turned off. Then they changed the program and I started getting them
again. I gave up. Good Luck!

Jill

There are some people I know, from rspca years ago so should I try to
friend them?
|Maybe they would lke to hear from me, but perhaps they wouldn't.
Tweed

I'd give it a try. They have the option of refusing your friend request, so
unless the possibility of someone doing that would hurt your feelings, you
don't have anything to lose.

Joy

Old October 10th 13, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I finally bit the bullet and created an account.

I've been patient as my employers advised against it for anyone working
in a
frontline childcare team, and to wait quite a long time after you left,
so
it will be three years on 31 October. Should be OK now ;-)

OMG, it looks very complicated and I might need some guidance here,
folks.
I probably need a few people to friend me.

I couldn't find any of my previous colleagues (not surprising) and
although
my aunt is on facebook and I sent a friend request, she might not know
how
to - that seems to have generated all sorts of suggestions of "people you
might know." most of which I don't.

(snip)

Tweed

That's why I don't like Facebook. Just because I know one person doesn't
mean I know everyone they know. The email notifications I finally got
turned off. Then they changed the program and I started getting them
again. I gave up. Good Luck!

Jill

There are some people I know, from rspca years ago so should I try to friend
them?
|Maybe they would lke to hear from me, but perhaps they wouldn't.
Tweed

I can't advise you about that. Some people like the application and are
more comfortable there. I'm not ready to abandon Usenet yet.
Especially not since FB made it so darn difficult to unsubscribe.

Jill
Old October 10th 13, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/9/2013 4:40 PM, Bobble wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Precisely the reason I don't participate in any moderated groups. I
don't need a "net nanny". It's easy enough to block offensive posts or
posters. If anyone thinks they can moderate my comments or what posts I
read, they are sadly mistaken. NOPE.

We can control who posts unlike
here, which is nice. Just don't expect to learn it all in one day and
you'll be fine

"Control" being the operative word. Sorry, but I don't deal with
moderated forums. BTDT. The moderator invariably turned out to be a
petty tyrant. A control freak.

Bobble (my real name on FB is A.... B.....)

I'm not sure what the point is. Congratulations on figuring out your
real name! j/k Mine is, and always has been, Jill McQuown.

Jill
Old October 10th 13, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Hi Tweed,

When you go into your Facebook account, you'll see a friend request from me. The profile pic is of my nurse cat, Lilith, and I use my real name (signed below).

Sincerely,
Debby Hanoka
Old October 10th 13, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I finally bit the bullet and created an account.

I've been patient as my employers advised against it for anyone working
in a
frontline childcare team, and to wait quite a long time after you left,
so
it will be three years on 31 October. Should be OK now ;-)

OMG, it looks very complicated and I might need some guidance here,
folks.
I probably need a few people to friend me.

I couldn't find any of my previous colleagues (not surprising) and
although
my aunt is on facebook and I sent a friend request, she might not know
how
to - that seems to have generated all sorts of suggestions of "people you
might know." most of which I don't.

(snip)

Tweed

That's why I don't like Facebook. Just because I know one person doesn't
mean I know everyone they know. The email notifications I finally got
turned off. Then they changed the program and I started getting them
again. I gave up. Good Luck!

Jill

There are some people I know, from rspca years ago so should I try to friend
them?
|Maybe they would lke to hear from me, but perhaps they wouldn't.
Tweed

If you would like to join the private facebook page for RPCA contact
Yowie and she can add you.

Facebook (again) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 September 10th 12 01:14 AM
FACEBOOK CAT :) Persian Cats - misc 1 July 9th 12 01:49 PM
Facebook (Again) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 12 March 31st 12 12:37 AM
r.p.c.a on Facebook Robert Catt Cat anecdotes 17 November 15th 11 09:31 PM
More about r.p.c.a. and Facebook Robert Catt Cat anecdotes 76 November 15th 11 03:56 PM