Bonfire Night

Old November 21st 15, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Bonfire Night

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Boyfie is afraid of fireworks. It's been raining nearly all day so I
thought most people would hold off until the weekend, and it's not been
too
bad. I went out (deliberately) at 6.30pm when there were more bangs and
hisses than he liked, simply because when I am out of the house he goes
up
to his bedroom and tucks himself up in his pyramid bed which is nice safe
place for him to be if he is scared.

(snippage)

The things I do for that cat!

The things we all do for our cats!

I expect I'll be doing it again Friday and Saturday - and then it's
Diwali,
and those fireworks are like WWIII.

I've never heard of Bonfire Night in the US. I can't think of anywhere in
the US where that might take place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

Old November 21st 15, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

Thanks for posting this information. I was familiar with Guy Fawkes
Night and the plot that inspired it, but I had never heard it called
Bonfire Night until I started reading this thread.

In the US, the two occasions when we have lots of fireworks are
Independence Day (4th of July) and New Year's Eve. When I was young, we
often went to a drive-in theater (almost nonexistent now), and they
always had fireworks on Saturday evenings. That was just for the
entertainment of patrons and did not have any cultural significance.
The theater was located far enough away from homes that the noise would
not have bothered anyone.

MaryL

Until last night Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 2 April 30th 15 08:06 PM
Last night Joy Cat anecdotes 19 September 7th 14 05:23 PM
TV Last Night (UK) MatSav[_3_] Cat anecdotes 5 July 24th 10 12:58 PM
The night before night before Christmas fun GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 8 January 8th 08 12:00 AM
Sunday night was biff night Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 8 July 8th 05 04:37 AM