*****SIGH*****

Old March 19th 06, 10:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default *****SIGH*****

CatNipped wrote:

I don't know if you guys remember me telling you, a year ago, about a little
black and white cat who hangs around our house day and night (her people
never allowed her inside). Here's a picture of her looking in at my girls:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Four_Sisters/. Of course she wasn't
spayed and last spring they ended up with a sign outside their house that
read "Real Kittens - $1".

Well, she's in heat again (I have every intact tom within a five mile radius
hanging around my back yard - the good thing being that they are getting a
good meal everyday, which most look like they really could use). So....

snip
Anyway, I'll let you know how things go in a couple of days.

What a cutie! Can you have her spayed and stay in a room separated from
your cats until she heals? Maybe you can find someone to take her in in
the meantime. Thank you so much for caring for this poor kitty, CN.
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for the kitty to find a great
onetruehome really soon,
Polonca and Soncek

Old March 19th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default *****SIGH***** - UPDATE

Thanks for all the purrs and advice! I have bad news (or good, depending on
how you look at it).

The neighbors came back. It seems they didn't move, they were on vacation!
The "moving van" another neighbor saw was, I guess, a U-Haul for them to
bring their stuff to a cabin not far from here - probably around Lake
Conroe, according to the wife's brother, whom Ben talked to the day before
they came back. He said that they were coming back every few days to feed
her (I work at home, but I didn't see anyone coming back to feed her).
Fortunately for the cat, I keep food outside for all the neighborhood
strays, so she was fine while they were gone - no thanks to her people.

So, she has her family back, but she's still not spayed or vaccinated. Time
to print out my SNAP brochures again and go have a talk with them.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys about this - I have the flu
(or some bug) that's been keeping me in bed. I'll update everyone again
after I've talked to the neighbors. If they don't agree to have her spayed
I may sneak her away and have it done anyway - what can they do after the
fact besides not talk to me??! She's always hanging around our house, so
she won't be hard to cat-nap.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I don't know if you guys remember me telling you, a year ago, about a
little black and white cat who hangs around our house day and night (her
people never allowed her inside). Here's a picture of her looking in at my
girls: http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Four_Sisters/. Of course
she wasn't spayed and last spring they ended up with a sign outside their
house that read "Real Kittens - $1".

Well, she's in heat again (I have every intact tom within a five mile
radius hanging around my back yard - the good thing being that they are
getting a good meal everyday, which most look like they really could use).
So....

I printed out some brochures from our local SNAP clinic and walked across
the street to go talk to them about her and offer to help pay for the
surgery (and the prerequisite vaccinations). Guess what? The slime have
moved out and left her to get along on her own! I shouldn't be surprised
since they never bothered with her to begin with (what a great lesson to
teach their three little girls!!!), but *man* that p*sses me off.

*SIGH* We *really* can't afford a fifth cat! DH is giving me serious
financial pouts. But I don't think we have a choice, though, she'll need
to be spayed before she gets too far along in a pregnancy. I *have*
agreed with DH to wait a couple of days on the off chance that they come
back to retrieve her (yeah, wait for that to happen) since, according to
another neighbor, they just moved their furniture out about 2 or 3 days
ago. She'll be fine in the meantime - she'll get plenty of good food here
and we have a wooden fenced back yard where she's safe. [I know some of
you will say grab her now, but DH is adamant about this point and won't
budge - it's going to take some serious pleading over the next week to get
him to agree to take her at all.]

Also, *I'm* just really not looking forward to this. This is a cat who is
*never* inside, so changing her into an indoors-only cat will be a huge
battle. Also, the dynamics among our four girls is already precarious
(Jessie is aggressive, Demi is fearful, Bandit is vicious but old, and
Sammy is a huge clown who only wants to play with everybody). The
introduction process may take *months*, and I worry about Bandit, at
16-years-old, being upset to the point of illness over this.

Old March 19th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Chakolate" wrote in message
44.170...
"CatNipped" wrote in news:47vupmFhabdoU1
@individual.net:

Demi is beautiful - is she deaf? Blue-eyed white cats do tend to that.

Chak

No, she doesn't have blue eyes - that's just a weird trick of the flash -
she has golden eyes.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Demi13/

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

I would like at least one political party in this country to be willing
to say that sex is fun and an important part of being human.
--PZ Myers, http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/

Old March 19th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So, she has her family back, but she's still not spayed or vaccinated. Time
to print out my SNAP brochures again and go have a talk with them.

Purrs for poor kitty.

(Also, I just gotta ask...if real kittens cost $1....how much are fake
ones?)

--Fil

Old March 19th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Chakolate wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in news:47vupmFhabdoU1
@individual.net:

Demi is beautiful - is she deaf? Blue-eyed white cats do tend to that.

Blue-eyed white MALE cats, I think - the females seem to
escape it.

Old March 20th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys about this - I have the flu
(or some bug) that's been keeping me in bed. I'll update everyone again
after I've talked to the neighbors. If they don't agree to have her spayed
I may sneak her away and have it done anyway - what can they do after the
fact besides not talk to me??! She's always hanging around our house, so
she won't be hard to cat-nap.

Sorry you've been under the weather. "Feel better" purrs on the way.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old March 20th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl Perkins wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Blue-eyed white MALE cats, I think - the females seem to
escape it.

Some blue-eyed white cats are deaf - I knew a male blue-eyed white cat who
could hear just fine. Actually, that family adopted another white cat
after the first one died (after a long happy life), and that one could
hear too. She was female, but she may have had green eyes instead of blue.

I had a blue-eyed white female who could hear just fine!
(Including a manual can-opener three rooms away.)

Old March 21st 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hope you feel better soon, Lori. Purrs from the feline chorus.
--
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin

Old March 21st 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
snip
So, she has her family back, but she's still not spayed or vaccinated. Time
to print out my SNAP brochures again and go have a talk with them.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys about this - I have the flu
(or some bug) that's been keeping me in bed. I'll update everyone again
after I've talked to the neighbors. If they don't agree to have her spayed
I may sneak her away and have it done anyway - what can they do after the
fact besides not talk to me??! She's always hanging around our house, so
she won't be hard to cat-nap.

Poor kitty and poor you, CN!