Bonded Pets--A Boy and his Cat

Old August 23rd 03, 08:40 PM
Jette Goldie

"JHBennett" wrote in message

"Sherry " wrote in message
Yoda sounds wonderful and the story sounds just like the one I wrote
about. I hope Yoda has a happy, memory-filled retirement.

CATherine

Thanks Catherine. He *is* a grand old cat. The reason I loved your story

so
much is that people tend to think "A Boy and His Dog'', when in reality,

that
special bond isn''t limited to dogs at all.

Sherry

Hmmmmmm........ Let me mention there is a movie titled *A Boy and His

Dog*
which is set in a post apocalyptic world. The boy and dog can communicate
and the dog's heightened senses give the boy a big advantage in the

survival
of the fitest world. The dog finds a female for the boy, however, she

lures
him back to her society where they need fertile men to impregnate their
women. It turns out not to be what he envisions and, far from copulating

as
nature intended, the society mechanically, and painfully, milks sperm from
him. Girl feels guilt ridden and helps him escape and true love seems

about
to flower between girl and boy. However, the dog, who has been much
neglected, is on the verg of starvation, but stoically tells the boy to go
on with his new found love, and leave him to die. The boy kills the girl
and feeds her to the dog, his more valued ally.
Just thought you ought to know ;-)

And the local video hire store here had it on the children's
section shelves ;-)

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old August 23rd 03, 11:29 PM
Jette Goldie

"JHBennett" wrote in message
And the local video hire store here had it on the children's
section shelves ;-)

--
Jette

Oh my! I can just imagine the entire family gathered together.... Or,
worse yet...
Jack

g S'okay - I explained it to them. Hopefully they hadn't
had too many rentals of it before that.

Old August 24th 03, 06:23 AM
LOL

"JHBennett" wrote in message ...

[...]

Oh hey! I read this, but can't remember who wrote it. I had no idea
they'd made it into a movie - I may have to find this.

------
Krista
Old August 24th 03, 09:33 AM
LOL

Eve Rose wrote in message ...

Harlan Ellison

That's it - thanks! :-)
------
Krista
Old September 26th 03, 08:49 AM

CATherine ) wrote:

Buddy lets the boy do things with him cats don't usually do. Buddy
rides draped around the boy's neck or covering the boy's chest with
his arms around the boy's neck.

What a sweet image! I think the cat thinks his human friend is another
cat!

Joyce