A Club for the Humans

Old April 2nd 05, 11:54 PM
Fred Williams

On April 2, 2005 03:07 pmClowderCat wrote:

Fred Williams wrote:

What's wrong with cats jumping on tha counter and turning on the
blender? There are some rules here in the Williams' house, butthey
only exist for the protection of the cats, like no jumping in the
oven when I take the bread out, and no jumping on the stove,
(because
sometimes the burners are on and a kitty could get burned feet).
The counter and the tables and the appliances are all free
territory, even if they get cat hairs in my expensive stereo, I'll
deal with it. The poor kitties have a hard enough time, being kept
in the IN all

the
time and they get bored. That's why they spend so much time
sleeping. What else is there to do that they haven't done a
hundred
times already? They ned all the "enrichment" we can allow them.

--
Regards Fred,
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply, if by email).

The thing that's wrong with them turning on the blender is that it
scared whichever one that did it!!!!! If it was Chester, he's so
scared of almost everything else that he doesn't need something else
to be scared of!

Awww, poor kitty. Ryan was scared today too, for a little while and
we have no idea what scared him. He may have not known that Fred was
in the dining room and when Fred came out, it might have surprized
him. Poor Ryan ran downstairs upsetting several empty plastic
bottles en route. The cats are still waiting for Fred to pick up
things in the kitchen. Two cats glaring at Fred,... well, they're
not really concerned that much, as long as supper is served promtly
at six.

Old April 3rd 05, 01:53 AM
ClowderCat

Fred Williams wrote:

[...]

Wrong!!!! They're glaring at Fred because Fred won't feed them at 5
when they really want to be fed!!!!! Don't you know that they're
starving to death!!!

Jan

Old April 3rd 05, 10:24 PM
Fred Williams

Fred Williams wrote:

[...]

Have you been talking to Diana and Ryan? Well, it's daylight savings
time now so they'll get their wish with the time change. Diana has
been asking to go in the OUT but we can't allow her, (safety first).
I opened a window but left the screen closed so she could see and
smell things, but she wasn't really impressed and now the house is
getting cold so I've got to go close it.

--
Regards Fred, with Diana and Ryan standing by,... bird watching.
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply, if by email).
Old April 3rd 05, 10:25 PM
ClowderCat

Fred Williams wrote:

[...]

That'll last about a week and then they'll start wanting you to get up
at the new 5 AM!!!!!!!

And I haven't been talking to them. Chester, Clarence and Nathan have
and they told me that!!!!!

Jan

Old April 4th 05, 03:00 AM
Fred Williams

Fred Williams wrote:

[...]

Ah, well. Soon the snow will be gone and I WILL be wanting to get
up that early to get the garden in shape for planting. I already
have tomatoes seeded and I'll have potatoes and squash and pumpkins
hopefully. I have "cat grass" but the kitties here are all indoor
kitties. There are no outdoor kitties that we know of right now in
the neighbourhood. Diana and Ryan will be fed when they get me up in
the morning. That is certain.

Old April 4th 05, 04:06 AM
ClowderCat

Fred Williams wrote:

[...]

Our snow is gone now!!!!!

Chester, Clarence and Nathan want to know why you don't take the cats
out to help you in the garden!!!

Jan

Old April 4th 05, 11:32 AM
Fred Williams

On April 3, 2005 11:06 pmClowderCat wrote:

Fred Williams wrote:
On April 3, 2005 05:25 pmClowderCat wrote:
Ah, well. Soon the snow will be gone and I WILL be
wanting

to get
up that early to get the garden in shape for planting. I already
have tomatoes seeded and I'll have potatoes and squash and pumpkins
hopefully. I have "cat grass" but the kitties here are all indoor
kitties. There are no outdoor kitties that we know of right now
in
the neighbourhood. Diana and Ryan will be fed when they get me up
in
the morning. That is certain.

--
Regards Fred,
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply, if by email).

Our snow is gone now!!!!!

Chester, Clarence and Nathan want to know why you don't take the
cats out to help you in the garden!!!

I can't keep them close enough and they will wander all over. They
could eat anything and I don't trust what the neighbours might be
doing. They could be putting out poison. It used to be a lovely
neighbourhod, but lately new people have moved in and they don't seem
friendly.

Old April 4th 05, 12:31 PM
ClowderCat

Fred Williams wrote:
[...]

I used to take Clarence for walks on a leash. He liked it as long as I
let him go wherever he wanted.

Maybe you could put them on leashes when you do out.

Jan

Old April 4th 05, 04:17 PM
Dan M

I used to take Clarence for walks on a leash. He liked it as long as I
let him go wherever he wanted.

Maybe you could put them on leashes when you do out.

Jan

I think that letting them go where they want is the key to walking a cat
on a leash.

Harri and I go for walks frequently, and once I get us to a safe area
Harri always leads. Sometimes we go back and forth over one small
stretch a dozen times, so that Harri can pick up on all the fascinating
scents. Sometimes she'll stand still sniffing one particularly
interesting plant for close to 10 minutes.

Dan
Old April 5th 05, 05:15 AM
Sylvia M.

"ClowderCat" wrote in message
oups.com...

Fred Williams wrote:
[...]

I'd like to try that with Pitooonya, but I have some doubts.

1.)Can I use a figure 8 harness that I already have?

2.) Might she become a pest, demanding to be taken out too
much of the time?

3.) She's always been an In cat, and hasn't tried to bolt
out, might she do so more,
after getting a taste of it?

Sylvia