Little Boy Hijinks

Old December 25th 05, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Little Boy Hijinks

Little Boy is on top of the cat tree, which is at a perfect height to
reach over and give pets and skritches as I walk by. So I do.

I turn around to say something to Senyah, and I feel a tap, tap on
one shoulder, a tap, tap on the other shoulder, and two sets of claws
pulling me back. I am appareny not yet released from my skritching
duties.

This morning, Little Boy has discovered the platic ball with the bell
inside. Nobody else has played with this ball, in years. Little Boy,
however, thinks this is the greatest thing since sliced catnip. He is
chasing it, killing it and pouncing it all over the house.

Little Feet watches from the counter top, and gives me a
worried-sounding meow. I tell him it's okay. The two are now playing
soccer together.

I caught Little Boy grooming Little Feet yesterday. They have an
uneasy alliance, it seems. Although I did see Little Boy walk up to
Little Feet, sniff him, touch noses, and then bop Little Feet on the
head. Maybe trying to initiate a game of chase.

Little Feet is now cuddling with me, but I still hear that jingle
ball (grin)...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old December 25th 05, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mark Edwards wrote:

[...]

I really hope Little Boy has just wandered away from home and has his
one true home to go back to. He sounds like he owns someone already
(besides you and Senyah). He really sounds like a cool cat and if he
were mine, I would be worried sick about him. At the same time, it does
sound as if you are quickly becoming owned by another cat - lease terms
or no lease terms. I hope he has his one true home to go back to
because I know your lease terms.

And I know how quickly a cat can slip out - if it hadn't been the one
who was taught where he lived, I might have lost him because he didn't
wander. The dunderhead just wanted to see what the out was like for a
little while and got stuck out there for hours until he saw a light come
on in my living room when he howled like crazy and I went out to rescue
the poor little cat in the rain only to find out I was rescueing *my*
poor little starving waif. He's never done that again. Ah well, it was
an easy rescue. Came right to me, he did. I hadn't even missed him. I
felt so guilty. Now I do head counts periodically whether they need it
or not!
Old December 26th 05, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 12:40:48 -0000, Mark Edwards
wrote:

Little Boy is on top of the cat tree, which is at a perfect height to
reach over and give pets and skritches as I walk by. So I do.

I have a chair next to the kitty tree where I put on my shoes, etc.
Sometimes when I sit down Sammy reaches over and bops me in the head
to let me know she's there and would appreciate some attention. Also,
one of the few spots that Spotty will accept head scritches is when
she's on the tree. You can't bend down and touch her head or she'll
flinch away.

[...]

Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot
with loving memories of Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: