Rascal 1988-2003

Old November 1st 03, 02:04 AM
Tanada

Default Rascal 1988-2003

Rascal went to the bridge today, at Dr. Stevenson's office. No official
verdict since Jim's mom wouldn't allow the Dr to do tests. I didn't pay
the bill, so had no say in the matter. The unofficial verdict was that
her kidneys shut down causing the rest of the body to follow suit. What
little urine she produced was a dark color and she was having bouts of
diarrhea at the end.

Rascal was discovered as a kitten in the middle of a road by Jim's
sister, Misty. Misty almost ran over her, stopped and decided that she
couldn't just chase a small kitten off the road to who knows what fate.
Rascal, in return, hissed at Misty whenever she saw her. Jim and Rascal
bonded together (similar personalities?) and became the best of
friends.

Last year, Jim's family moved to an apartment, where they couldn't have
more than two pets. Rather than send Rascal to be put down at the
pound, we brought Rascal over here. While she was not at all fond of
sharing a domain with eight other cats, Rascal made the best of a bad
situation and dominated the refrigerator, microwave stand, and
silverware holder. A toaster also fell victim to her ire, a fact that
was brought to light when I asked Mandy to make me toast one morning. I
discovered Rascal's opinion with the very first bite.

While it may seem as though we won't miss our little mistress of the
mess, we will. She will always live in my memory as the grande dame of
B*st*rd Cat tricks.
Old November 1st 03, 02:11 AM
Sherry

So sorry to hear about Rascal.

Ssherry
Old November 1st 03, 02:28 AM
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
Rascal went to the bridge today, at Dr. Stevenson's office.

Awwww... so sorry to hear that. You have my best wishes that Rascal crossed
the bridge to meet non-hissing friends.

Jill

Old November 1st 03, 03:31 AM
Victor Martinez

I am so sorry to hear this. Purrs for a smooth trip to the RB.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 1st 03, 04:03 AM
Christine Burel

Condolences, Pam, for you and her other hoomins. You wrote a sweet
remembrance of her; she sounds like quite the character.
hugs,
Christine

Old November 1st 03, 05:06 AM
Steve Touchstone

Purrs coming for all Rascal's hoomins and lighting a candle for her
journey to the RB

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 02:04:18 GMT, Tanada
wrote:

[...]

remove Junk for email
Old November 1st 03, 05:33 AM
Takayuki

Tanada wrote:
Rascal went to the bridge today, at Dr. Stevenson's office.

I'm sorry to hear about this. She sounded like she had a lot of
personality.

Old November 1st 03, 06:09 AM
Marina

"Tanada" wrote
snip tribute

While it may seem as though we won't miss our little mistress of the
mess, we will. She will always live in my memory as the grande dame of
B*st*rd Cat tricks.

I'm so sorry to read this news, Pam. We are sending soothing purrs to you
all.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 1st 03, 09:53 AM
polonca12000

I'm so sorry to hear Jim's mom didn't let TED do the tests. Poor Rascal! At
least she is not suffering any more.
Hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca in tears & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
Rascal went to the bridge today, at Dr. Stevenson's office. No official
verdict since Jim's mom wouldn't allow the Dr to do tests. I didn't pay
the bill, so had no say in the matter. The unofficial verdict was that
her kidneys shut down causing the rest of the body to follow suit. snip

Old November 1st 03, 12:55 PM
Nan

wrote:

[...]

That is so sad. The Allons TN furkids are sending purrs that Rascal
had a non-eventful journey to the bridge.

Nan