Why did you pick a cat over a dog?

Old March 11th 04, 11:23 AM
Ward Cleaver

A dog was never an option. I like cats more because, they are cleaner, you
don't have to pick up poop, they don't slobber, no stinky breath, they are
so much more graceful, and they're softer to pet. There is no better sound
in the world then a kitty purring. And I hate barking. Besides all that, I
got mauled by a dog when I was thirteen.
I love manx cats the most.

Old March 11th 04, 12:24 PM
kilikini

"Ward Cleaver" wrote in message

A dog was never an option. I like cats more because, they are cleaner, you
don't have to pick up poop, they don't slobber, no stinky breath, they are
so much more graceful, and they're softer to pet. There is no better sound
in the world then a kitty purring. And I hate barking. Besides all that, I
got mauled by a dog when I was thirteen.
I love manx cats the most.

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

I have two cats and a dog. I'm a bi-pet person. g I love my dog because
he can go places with me; to people's houses for BBQ, he can go with me to
the store so that I see his happy face when I return from shopping, he licks
my face when I cry, he sleeps on my feet in bed at night, he's fun to take
for walks on the beach, or to the park (he's an excellent frisbee player),
and I can take him with me when I go camping for the weekend. Not to
mention other added benefits like he's loyal, loving and protective of me.

My cats, OTOH, sleep all day and when they're not sleeping they walk across
my keyboard and stop right in front of the monitor. My cats fight with each
other constantly. They enjoy the *game* of *helping* me make the bed. They
are food fiends; whatever I have to eat they believe is theirs (which really
****es the dog off. LOL. If he can't have any then, by rights, the cats
shouldn't either). They love to crawl into my dresser if I advertently
leave a drawer open, and then they dig out all of my clothes while they make
a nest (and tear holes in my clothes in the process).

Wow, to hear me you'd think that I think cats are a PITA! In actuality,
cats are quirky, but they make you laugh. Their purr is so soothing and
they are a nice warm comfort to sleep next to - dog on left, cat on right.

kilikini

Old March 11th 04, 12:50 PM
Jacqueline

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:27:26 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

"Jacqueline" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:

(snip)

I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.

Dogs smell.

Dogs don't smell! Ever hear of doggy shampoo??????
kilikini

Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
that kinda warm musty sour smell. And they have horrible breath when
they come and slobber all over you. Ugh. And they're too 'hard', even
cute fluffy ones like Pomeranians have bony little legs. 'Fraid I'm
not really a dog person. Although I do think some breeds are very
beautiful (eg Alsations). But small dogs just irritate me, lil yappy
things. Yap yap bounce bounce yap yap.

This area has tons of dogs, all my neighbours on either side have
dogs, there are Westies, whippets, a mongrel and a Highland terrier.
Not only that but there's a big grassy area beside my house and people
bring their dogs there to poop - and don't *ever* pick it up! At least
cats bury theirs ;o) It's a bloody health hazard, not least because
children play there. The council put up signs saying owners are liable
for fines but they never enforce it. Not the dogs' fault, the owners
are just incredibly irresponsible. If you say anything to them they
just shrug and walk off. Bah. But anyway, they still smell :-p

Old March 11th 04, 12:59 PM
~*Connie*~

I have two cats and a dog. I'm a bi-pet person. g I love my dog

because
he can go places with me; to people's houses for BBQ, he can go with me to
the store

cats, if started young enough, do travel well.
my Jack used to go everywhere with me.