Cleo wins again.... ;)

Old January 14th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

Default Cleo wins again.... ;)

Cleo is on a special Royal Canin veterinary diet for sensitive stomachs.
She can't/won't eat Whiskas, Felix or any other brand of comercial cat
food as they either make her puke, give her the squits, occasionally
both depending on the cereal content, or she doesn't like them and
refuses to eat them. On Friday evening we ran out of he usual veterinary
diet wet food and she had to resort to eating just her kibble. She was
not happy and protested very loudly. It didn't help that I had forgotten
to order more food with the vet in advance and it won't now arrive until
Tuesday.

So, there I am in Tesco's wondering what the hell I *CAN* buy her that
she'll eat. On a whim I grabbed a box of *Natures Menu* cat food, an
astronmically priced (as in £4.98/US $8 for a box of 12 100g pouches)
75% prime meat natural diet with no additives, cereals, flavourings,
colourings, etc....

She's eaten it with no puking. Yay. And the best bit is it is 1/2 the
cost of the veterinary diet!

I must be nuts to think I'm actually getting a saving. In the grand
scheme of things edible cat food is not a major news flash. In this
house though it's earth shattering!

If anyone wants to have a nosey at the website it's
www.naturesmenu.co.uk

Cleo is happily purring in her IKEA chair at the moment. Apparently the
human slave has redeemed herself!

Helen M

Old January 14th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Helen Miles wrote:
Cleo is on a special Royal Canin veterinary diet for sensitive stomachs.

So, there I am in Tesco's wondering what the hell I *CAN* buy her that
she'll eat. On a whim I grabbed a box of *Natures Menu* cat food,...

If anyone wants to have a nosey at the website it's
www.naturesmenu.co.uk

Cleo is happily purring in her IKEA chair at the moment. Apparently the
human slave has redeemed herself!

If you can find any on the shelves, I'll also recommend Dene's products

http://www.denes.co.uk/cats/canned_cat_foods.php

This company began life in my home town :-)

--
MatSav
Old January 14th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad Cleo's slave did the right thing, and that she's happy. The
pound has risen against the dollar recently, £4.98 now equals $9.75 USD
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old January 14th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

"matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com" MatSav
wrote in message

If you can find any on the shelves, I'll also recommend Dene's products

http://www.denes.co.uk/cats/canned_cat_foods.php

This company began life in my home town :-)

I shall certainly try that as I suspect it will be more economical...

Thanks.

Helen M

Old January 14th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

"Adrian A" wrote in message

I'm so glad Cleo's slave did the right thing, and that she's happy. The
pound has risen against the dollar recently, £4.98 now equals $9.75 USD

Yikes! And such a shame my folks have left the USA - with an exchange
rate like that cheap holidays would have been even cheaper.

Helen M

Old January 14th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Helen Miles wrote:

I must be nuts to think I'm actually getting a saving. In the grand
scheme of things edible cat food is not a major news flash. In this
house though it's earth shattering!

Well, fortunately my cats all do well on supermarket brands,
but even so, I was delighted to find their regular brands in
Arizona cost about twenty cents a can less than they did in
California! That amounts to $2.80 a week less than it was
costing me, which can add up, when one is on a fixed income.
(That's at PetSmart - which is near me here - I haven't
priced it in a supermarket, because PetSmart seems to stock
a greater variety.)
Old January 14th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian A wrote:

I'm so glad Cleo's slave did the right thing, and that she's happy. The
pound has risen against the dollar recently, £4.98 now equals $9.75 USD

Has the pound risen, or has the U.S. dollar shrunk (again)?
The Euro is worth nearly $1.30, now. (It was worth
around $0.80 my first trip to Europe after the conversion.)
Old January 15th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-01-14 09:37:14 -0600, "Helen Miles" said:

[...]

I think that is a real coup. It's very good you found something (that
sounds like a VERY good cat food) and is less than the vet food and
readily available.