|If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
transposed a number when
* tracing the call. [Ever see Terry Gilliam's movie Brazil?]
* A Nynex spokesman said today that they were offering to pay his complete
* four-year tutition bill, and that the offer was unconditional.
In Washington, D.C., police aggressively hassle motorists to give them
permission to search their vehicles. On C-SPAN, U.S. Attorney Eric Holder
further states that if a member of the car makes "furtive gestures" the
police may search the car.
Question: If sweating at the airport can get you a deep probing anal
search by a manly security guard, what "furtive gesture"
will get your car searched when the police stop you and
shine a flashlight in your face?
Point: They are almost not bothering to pretend.
Law enforcement hysteria.
The Miranda ruling by the 1966 Supreme Court requires the police inform
criminal suspects of their legal rights before questioning them.
It is classical poetry, even when recited by Dragnet's Joe Friday.
* Justice Department report: "Excerpt From the Report to Meese", NYT, 1/22/87
* The Miranda decision reflects a willful disregard of the authoritative
* sources of law. The decision flies in the face of the principals of
* constitutional government and impairs the ability of government to
* safeguard citizens from crime.
* It is difficult to conceive of a legislature enacting it into law, either.
* It has caused specific evils and is a discredited attempt at criminal
* jurisprudence. Overturning it would be the MOST IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENT
* THIS OR ANY OTHER ADMINISTRATION COULD ACCOMPLISH TO PROTECT UNITED
* STATES CITIZENS FROM CRIME.
A constant state of war, for 'national security and national safety' reasons.
The novel '1984', about oppressive government, contains three key features:
o Massive surveillan
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 9.0.2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|rec.pets.cats.misc||[email protected]||Cats - misc||0||July 24th 07 03:32 AM|
|rec.pets.cats.misc||[email protected]||Cats - misc||0||July 24th 07 02:55 AM|
|rec.pets.cats.misc||[email protected]||Cats - misc||0||July 24th 07 02:45 AM|
|misc cat stuff (sorta long)||JB||Cat anecdotes||8||December 17th 05 03:16 AM|
|Misc purrs requested||Dan and Nancy Mahoney||Cat anecdotes||29||September 11th 03 10:57 PM|