OT Temperpedic Memory Touch Matress topper

Old August 20th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default OT Temperpedic Memory Touch Matress topper

Anyone use the Temperpedic Memory Touch Matress topper? They are on
sale right now at Bed Bath and Beyond and I was wondering if it might
help my sleep and my neck and shoulders. I ususally have to transfer to
the couch half way through the night. I'm certain none of this is
helping the perpetual headache situation I have been experiencing since
May. I could use a new matress although I can't see anything wrong with
this one except it is very very old. It doesn't seem broken or sunk. I
have NO idea how you choose a mattress and they are SO expensive. So I
wondered if it would be good to try this first but I can find little
feedback on the web.

Old August 20th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

"Karen" wrote in message
Anyone use the Temperpedic Memory Touch Matress topper? They are on sale
right now at Bed Bath and Beyond and I was wondering if it might help my
sleep and my neck and shoulders. I ususally have to transfer to the couch
half way through the night. I'm certain none of this is helping the
perpetual headache situation I have been experiencing since May. I could
use a new matress although I can't see anything wrong with this one except
it is very very old. It doesn't seem broken or sunk. I have NO idea how
you choose a mattress and they are SO expensive. So I wondered if it would
be good to try this first but I can find little feedback on the web.

I considered a Tempurpedic mattress but I read that they were slow to
respond and cold when turning over. But I believe the toppers are much
better, as they are thinner and made of the lighter foam. Costco sells them
and even delivers if you order online.

I hate the bed I did end up with, too soft for my back. It's got firm coils,
but also has one of those pillow tops. If it wasn't so expensive I'd burn
it.

Old August 20th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-08-19 22:27:06 -0500, "Bill Stock" said:

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

I know. That is the scary thing about mattresses. How can you choose?
How can you know and then there you are with something you paid a
thousand bucks for. So far I've heard from a couple of people on
another board and gotten good feedback.

Old August 20th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:

I hate the bed I did end up with, too soft for my back. It's got firm
coils, but also has one of those pillow tops. If it wasn't so expensive
I'd burn it.

I know. That is the scary thing about mattresses. How can you choose?
How can you know and then there you are with something you paid a
thousand bucks for. So far I've heard from a couple of people on
another board and gotten good feedback.

You can lie on it in the store, but you're really not going to know
if it's the right one until you've slept on it - and for more than
one night. A month is more like it. But you can't keep a mattress for
a month and then return it if it turns out not to work for you. I mean
who's going to want to buy a mattress that's been slept on by a stranger
for a month?

Joyce
Old August 20th 07, 08:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Karen" wrote in message
Anyone use the Temperpedic Memory Touch Matress topper? They are on sale
right now at Bed Bath and Beyond and I was wondering if it might help my
sleep and my neck and shoulders. I ususally have to transfer to the couch
half way through the night. I'm certain none of this is helping the
perpetual headache situation I have been experiencing since May. I could
use a new matress although I can't see anything wrong with this one except
it is very very old. It doesn't seem broken or sunk. I have NO idea how
you choose a mattress and they are SO expensive. So I wondered if it would
be good to try this first but I can find little feedback on the web.

I don't know anything about what you're asking about. However, your mention
of headaches struck a chord. Yours might be from an entirely different
source. However, I was waking up every day with a headache for months.
They turned out to be caused by TMJ syndrome - a jaw problem. Apparently
the way I was sleeping, my jaw was pushed a little out of alignment as I
slept. It wasn't cheap, but I went to an orthodontist. He had x-rays taken
to prove that was the problem, then prescribed a splint. Well, that's what
it was called. It was actually a plastic thing that fit over my teeth to
make them align properly. After about six months, and two changes of splint
as the alignment gradually took place, I was able to do without them. The
headaches stopped as soon as I started wearing the splint.

One simple test you can take that could show if you do have the TMJ problem:
Open your mouth slowly, as wide as you can. If you feel a sort of pop in
the joint of your jaw, the chances are you do have it. As I said, your
headaches may have an entirely different cause, but it's something you might
want to check out.

Joy

Old August 20th 07, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon

Karen
Why don't you try a sleep number bed? A few years ago, I bought a new
mattress that just killed my back. I was sleeping on the floor! So,
as a last ditch effort I tried the sleep number bed and it is great!
You can change the firmness at any time. The price is comperable to
other types of mattresses. Best thing I ever did - wish I had done it
years ago!.
Sharon

Old August 20th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

I have a cheap version of the Temper mattress. I like it but in the
winter it does get hard and then as your body warms it up it really
changes to your shape. I think it helps my neck and back because when
I sleep somewhere else I'm a lot sorer than when I sleep on it.

In the summer when everything is hot it doesn't hold the shape so
well, I find. Also, the Temperpedic says it will only work for about
three years.

I also have a cheap version of the neck pillow. If I were choosing
between the two, I'd chose the pillow. I take mine with me when I'm
going to sleep elsewhere.

By the way, both the matress and pillow smelled plasticky and nasty
when I first bought them, but after airing them out they were fine.

Cantate

Old August 20th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 02:59:43 -0700, Sharon wrote:

Why don't you try a sleep number bed?

I think their main competetor is Comfortaire (http://www.comfortaire.com/).

Sleep Number is at http://www.selectcomfort.com/.

I have been sleeping on various unsatisfactory temporary duty air
mattresses for some time, and am just about to buy one of the above (I'm
leaning toward Comfortaire because there is no foam divider between the
air cells of their queen size mattress).

--
T.E.D. )

Old August 20th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

Karen wrote in news:2007081921525616807-
kchuplis@alltelnet:

Anyone use the Temperpedic Memory Touch Matress topper? They are on
sale right now at Bed Bath and Beyond and I was wondering if it might
help my sleep and my neck and shoulders. I ususally have to transfer to
the couch half way through the night. I'm certain none of this is
helping the perpetual headache situation I have been experiencing since
May. I could use a new matress although I can't see anything wrong with
this one except it is very very old. It doesn't seem broken or sunk. I
have NO idea how you choose a mattress and they are SO expensive. So I
wondered if it would be good to try this first but I can find little
feedback on the web.

I solved my sore neck years ago when I bought a pillow made of wheat (it
feels like rice inside). Not really any more expensive than a regular
pillow and I found it at Walmart. In 3 days, my sore neck was gone
forever. It makes noise when you turn, but in a few days you won't notice
it. Regarding your shoulders, I cannot sleep on my side without having
constantly sore shoulders, so try sleeping on your back instead. It worked
for me, although I end up snoring when on my back...

Good luck,
Bobble
Old August 20th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Karen

On Aug 19, 10:52?pm, Karen wrote:
Anyone use the Temperpedic Memory Touch Matress topper? They are on
sale right now at Bed Bath and Beyond and I was wondering if it might
help my sleep and my neck and shoulders. I ususally have to transfer to
the couch half way through the night. I'm certain none of this is
helping the perpetual headache situation I have been experiencing since
May. I could use a new matress although I can't see anything wrong with
this one except it is very very old. It doesn't seem broken or sunk. I
have NO idea how you choose a mattress and they are SO expensive. So I
wondered if it would be good to try this first but I can find little
feedback on the web.

I'ld like to try one but they are just way out of my budget right now.