Cat Breading question

Old August 15th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Cat Breading question

Suddenly, without warning, hopitus exclaimed (8/14/2009 1:29 PM):

(Snork) the only thing this one has going for him is beyond his
control...his
"country" must not be one of the ones where cats are on the menu, as
no pedigrees necessary there.
These are showing up more often than once a week these days.
Not to mention the ill-informed dissing you and Phil.Jesus H. Christ.

"breading"... "where cats are on the menu"... roflmao!

jmc
Old August 15th 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"hopitus" wrote
I love my Ssnaggly" (his name re tooth loss at the shelter. He is
bigger than a small dog and an eating machine.

He sounds lovely. We will adopt another cat soon. My husband has his heart
set on a Siamese (sealpoint) look. I of course would pick the one that picks
me. So I will not go.

Old August 15th 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
HardySpicer

On Aug 14, 4:09*pm, jmc wrote:
Suddenly, without warning, HardySpicer exclaimed (8/14/2009 2:21 AM):

I have two females and 1 male. Do I need to separate the females or
can 1 male be ok with more than 1 female?

Thanks

Hardy

No, we don't know what country you are in, but I'm fairly well traveled
and everywhere I've gone there are feral cat problems and full shelters.
* I know you mean well and all, but please do some research before you
consider breeding your cats:

1. *Is there a market for your breed?
2. *Are all your cats exemplary examples of the breed?
3. *Do you know what the genetic health issues of your breed are?
4. *Have you had your cats tested to ensure they don't have any of these
issues?

These are all important questions, if you cannot answer them like this:

1. *Yes, the other breeders in the area can't keep up with demand.
2. *Yes, they're show quality and have good pedigrees
3. *Yes
4. *Nope, and they've been tested and will not pass on genetic issues to
their kittens.

Then please don't breed.

I'm pretty sure there's more but I'm not a breeder. *My cats always have
been and always will be spayed.

I'm with everyone else that you shouldn't breed at all even if you have
the right answers, but I know you probably will anyway, so am asking
that you do your research properly so if you continue, the resultant
kittens have the best chance of a good home and a long, healthy life.

jmc

I already have bred but the cats were not pure - the queen escaped!
In any case I had no problem getting rid of the kittens. One lady said
the cat shelter was empty of cats
and that's why she came to me. In my country cats are very popular. My
cats have all came from good breeders.

Hardy
Old August 17th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
calvin

On Aug 15, 3:50*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote

I love my Ssnaggly" (his name re tooth loss at the shelter. He is
bigger than a small dog and an eating machine.

He sounds lovely. We will adopt another cat soon. My husband has his heart
set on a Siamese (sealpoint) look. I of course would pick the one that picks
me. So I will not go.

What a frightening thought, someone married to you.
How does your husband like being neutered?
Old August 17th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

"calvin" wrote in message
On Aug 15, 3:50 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote

I love my Ssnaggly" (his name re tooth loss at the shelter. He is
bigger than a small dog and an eating machine.

He sounds lovely. We will adopt another cat soon. My husband has his heart
set on a Siamese (sealpoint) look. I of course would pick the one that
picks
me. So I will not go.

What a frightening thought, someone married to you.
How does your husband like being neutered?

You're such a pathetic little moron. Not yet killfiled on this computer, but
that is easily fixed.

Old August 17th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
HardySpicer

On Aug 17, 3:23*pm, "cyberpurrs" wrote:
"calvin" wrote in message

On Aug 15, 3:50 pm, "cybercat" wrote:

"hopitus" wrote

I love my Ssnaggly" (his name re tooth loss at the shelter. He is
bigger than a small dog and an eating machine.

He sounds lovely. We will adopt another cat soon. My husband has his heart
set on a Siamese (sealpoint) look. I of course would pick the one that
picks
me. So I will not go.
What a frightening thought, someone married to you.
How does your husband like being neutered?

You're such a pathetic little moron. Not yet killfiled on this computer, but
that is easily fixed.

Good news every-body. They are now shagging away! I will have kitties
in a few months.

Hardy

FIV+ Question JP Cat health & behaviour 7 January 27th 08 02:25 AM
Vet question Chakolate Cat anecdotes 7 January 4th 06 05:59 AM
Cat Collar Question / Cat harness question Suzanne via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 1 May 8th 05 07:27 AM
New cat question & weight question ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 6 April 1st 05 08:22 AM
question sol_girl Cat health & behaviour 6 January 12th 04 07:11 AM