Latest on The Dust

Old November 24th 03, 11:07 PM
TJ and The Dust

Default Latest on The Dust

TED finally called with the thyroid tests today. They came back A-OK. So his
thyroid is good, his kidneys are good, his liver levels were elevated, his eye
isn't healing up, he lost a tooth, he has a galloping heart beat and high blood
pressure.

Could just be heart disease. Not much we can do. I am going to have his chest
x-ray'd to see if his heart is enlarged. If it is then it's pretty obvious, if
not we will continue to treat the hypertension and see how it goes. I am going
to finish up the eyedrops and give her a call on Friday to set up the X-ray.
TED and I talked and she doesn't seem to think he is an unhealthy kitty by any
means. She is just stating the facts. Because he is eating and drinking just
fine, taking his medicines like a good boy and is much less lethargic she
doesn't see any need for any evasive testing. So I'm not sure what's wrong with
The Dust. He's just moving into his senior years and I will be here to make
them as comfortable, loving and fun as I can.

I know that Dusty is getting back to his rotten self because last night he
"postured" with DH over who was going to use up most of the ottoman. Dusty was
oozed out over about 3/4 of it and DH had his feet on the very, very edge. DH
attempted to gain more ground and Dusty attacked like a rattlesnake and sank his
teeth right into DH's foot. I asked him if it hurt as much, I mean, after all
he only has 3 canines to dig in with now. DH just gave me a dirty look, Dusty
jumped off and hmmmfffdd his way to the food bowl only to return 2 minutes later
to reclaim his space. DH didn't budge so now Dusty had to hang off the edge.
LOL.

TJ

Old November 25th 03, 12:52 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:07:05 -0700, "TJ and The Dust"
wrote:

[...]

..+++++++++and a good time was had by all. Best wishes and many purrs
for Dusty! MLB

Old November 25th 03, 01:24 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

TJ and The Dust wrote:

TED finally called with the thyroid tests today. They came back A-OK. So his
thyroid is good, his kidneys are good, his liver levels were elevated, his eye
isn't healing up, he lost a tooth, he has a galloping heart beat and high blood
pressure.

I didn't know cats GOT high blood pressure! (One learns something new
every day.) Purrs and prayers for your baby, whatever the problem is.
Old November 25th 03, 01:43 AM
Victor Martinez

I'm glad to hear there's nothing wrong with his thyroid. If it's blood
pressure, that is very manageable with medication, even if the heart is
enlarged.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 25th 03, 02:31 AM
Stacey

So glad to hear the flabulous Dusty is acting more like himself again! On a
dental note, make sure Dusty stays away from cigarettes and straws, as
suction can cause dry sockets!!!!!

Stacey simply kidding

Old November 25th 03, 04:48 AM
Tanada

TJ and The Dust wrote:

I know that Dusty is getting back to his rotten self because last night he
"postured" with DH over who was going to use up most of the ottoman. Dusty was
oozed out over about 3/4 of it and DH had his feet on the very, very edge. DH
attempted to gain more ground and Dusty attacked like a rattlesnake and sank his
teeth right into DH's foot. I asked him if it hurt as much, I mean, after all
he only has 3 canines to dig in with now. DH just gave me a dirty look, Dusty
jumped off and hmmmfffdd his way to the food bowl only to return 2 minutes later
to reclaim his space. DH didn't budge so now Dusty had to hang off the edge.
LOL.

Atta boy Dusty!!! You get those mean sock feets. They turn into sock
animals if you don't watch out.

Pam S. cheering Dusty on
Old November 25th 03, 04:49 AM
badwilson

Well, I'm glad to hear that Dusty has perked up. I hope you can eventually
figure out what's wrong with him and that it's nothing major. Purrs,
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old November 25th 03, 05:19 AM
Marina

"TJ and The Dust" wrote
snip medical details

I know that Dusty is getting back to his rotten self because last night he
"postured" with DH over who was going to use up most of the ottoman.

Dusty was
oozed out over about 3/4 of it and DH had his feet on the very, very edge.

DH
attempted to gain more ground and Dusty attacked like a rattlesnake and

sank his
teeth right into DH's foot. I asked him if it hurt as much, I mean, after

all
he only has 3 canines to dig in with now. DH just gave me a dirty look,

Dusty
jumped off and hmmmfffdd his way to the food bowl only to return 2 minutes

later
to reclaim his space. DH didn't budge so now Dusty had to hang off the

edge.
LOL.

LOL! Aren't you the loving, caring wife! Glad to hear Dusty is back to his
old self. I don't have any experience with the sort of trouble he has, but
here's purrs that the meds he is taking keeps him fighting fit for many many
years.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 25th 03, 05:35 AM
Takayuki

"TJ and The Dust" wrote:

Could just be heart disease. Not much we can do. I am going to have his chest
x-ray'd to see if his heart is enlarged. If it is then it's pretty obvious, if
not we will continue to treat the hypertension and see how it goes.

Purrs for the eye to heal, and anything else that might be wrong.