???

Old February 14th 10, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default ???

I've been having bouts of insomnia more often lately, and this night
in description i had been unable to sleep for about 38 hours...

The BF had come home late and I was trying yet again to sleep. It was
about 3 am when i turned out the light.

I managed to doze off and then was awakened later by something heavy
on the bed. It moved slowly up the bed.

i figured it was Imp, since he's the biggest and that's his style.
But as he moved up the bed i realized he was a lot bigger and heavier
than usual.

I rolled over and opened my eyes to see the BF on his hands and knees
and he was kneading the bed beside me. He let out a meow, perfectly
imitating the cat meow declaring that i move over.

Even though I was half awake, it was so accurate and hilarious at the
same time i burst out laughing.

sheesh...

kristi

Old February 15th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Mischief wrote:
[...]

That is SO funny. I like your BF.

Pam S.
Old February 15th 10, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene

"Mischief" wrote in message
I've been having bouts of insomnia more often lately, and this night
in description i had been unable to sleep for about 38 hours...

Maybe you need the ubiquitous C-pap machine everyone seems to be getting.
;-)

Old February 15th 10, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Mischief wrote:
[...]

I'm glad you were able to laugh. Purrs for you to have a good night's
sleep asap.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old February 15th 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:19:04 -0600, Kelly Greene wrote:

"Mischief" wrote in message
I've been having bouts of insomnia more often lately, and this night in
description i had been unable to sleep for about 38 hours...

Maybe you need the ubiquitous C-pap machine everyone seems to be
getting. ;-)

I would recommend talking to your doctor about whether or not you need to
be tested for sleep apnea. The effects go beyond merely being tired; the
elevated stress on the body, and the resulting high level of stress
hormones, makes a person with untreated apnea much more likely to develop
diabetes, strokes, and heart disease.

--
John F. Eldredge --
Old February 15th 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Mischief" wrote in message

I've been having bouts of insomnia more often lately, and this night in
description i had been unable to sleep for about 38 hours...

Maybe you need the ubiquitous C-pap machine everyone seems to be
getting. ;-)

I would recommend talking to your doctor about whether or not you need to
be tested for sleep apnea. The effects go beyond merely being tired; the
elevated stress on the body, and the resulting high level of stress
hormones, makes a person with untreated apnea much more likely to develop
diabetes, strokes, and heart disease.

As far as I know, insomnia is not a common symptom of sleep apnea. In
fact, you tend to sleep *more* because you're so tired. One symptom I've
heard a lot about from people is that you fall asleep the second your
head hits the pillow. So if you had sleep apnea, you might think you're
sleeping a lot, but the quality of the sleep is very poor. If you're
suffering from insomnia a lot, my first thought would not be sleep apnea.
It could be stress, or there could be a biological reason for it. I would
get it checked out if it doesn't improve soon!

Joyce

And here is my randomly chosen .sig, apparently just for you!
--
May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.
Old February 15th 10, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Mischief" wrote in message

[...]

Know sleep apnea very well when tested I woke 50-60 times a night average
person with sleep apnea is like 30-40

As for insomnia are you drinking energy drinks which also includes some
teas
stress
hormones
depression
high blood pressure

so much there can be causes Doctor visit time

Old February 16th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

* "Mischief" wrote in message

[...]

I had a sleep study done back in January and I'm STILL waiting for the
results...

i hardly slept at all during the test, had lots of restlessness. I
think i might have restless leg syndrome, cause i have urges to kick
or move my legs a lot.

I only fell asleep for a little bit during the test, so i don't even
know if i had any apnea if any.

sigh

kristi